• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophoolery humour thread

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
FMr1kOIaMAA65PJ

My son -- who is pretty audio-agnostic, to my chagrin -- just shared this with me. :)

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
n2fbr7fcqwk1.png

Another great ol' Charles Rodrigues cartoon, probably originally from Stereo Review and recently posted @ the Polk Audio forums. :)

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

Khmike

Silicon Nitride Upgrade Balls -- it's a good thing I don't have a juvenile sense of humor... :rolleyes:

Oh, on topic -- stuff with three feet isn't uncommon in hifi. Turntables, e.g. -- heck, I've even got one!

TT15S12 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
I don't use it, but I do own it. The third foot is centered at the back of the -- ahem -- plinth. The motor, visible in the back left, is free-standing (i.e., sits centered in a little cutout in the plinth).

Same 'table, curious if you've compared the "new" bamboo cable trestles to the ol' tried-n-true maple trestles?

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Why? Have you been to one of these audiophile raves? I have no doubt that it is completely legitimate :)
Not quite.. The best I ever did was a now defunct club in Antwerp (here wiki article in Dutch). It had quite an insane sound system. I think it closed down due to illegal activities ;). Never heated people complaining about The usage of digital emulation of synths though.

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Not quite.. The best I ever did was a now defunct club in Antwerp (here wiki article in Dutch). It had quite an insane sound system. I think it closed down due to illegal activities ;). Never heated people complaining about The usage of digital emulation of synths though.

It should be illegal to use VST compressors, as they reported in that article!

Larudakote

After this speaker "cable elevator" which is one of the most stupid thing I found ($20 each):
cable-elevator.jpg

Thanks to our favorite french used products web site, called Leboncoin, I just discovered the Japanese brand "Audio Replas".
It's amazing :oops: See the bargain! https://www.thecableco.com/audio_replas.html
My favorite is this cryogenic made "cable stabilizer" for $1,285.00

cable-stabilizer.jpg

I can't believe one customer, at least, did not try ABX... so simple to set!

PS: do you know the stupid "arrow direction" come from PA world? But here it's totally logical: because of XLR cables have male and female at each ends. When a roadie stretch several ±100 feet cable from a big box, he has to know where is input and where is outpout :)

D

Deleted member 46664

Actually there is a fix for stupid. But, it is not legal and not appropriate for this forum. Plus, you have to commit to a rather long stay in a state penitentiary. So, too much time and work to fix stupid the right way!

FWIW ... the fix for stupid is pretty easy ....

Just remove all warning signs and let nature take it's course.

Top Bottom