• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophoolery humour thread

thyristor

Way more badass than AirPods.

Attachments

• 1590131939513.jpg
    1590131939513.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 2,106

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I can see it now, why use dirty coal powered electricity when you can install your own dedicated Solar grid and get the cleanest electricity in the universe.

I need to market that. I'm going to repaint this and slap the audiophile sounding name Blue Bolt 720 with Pure Electric Current Generation. Slap a $4,300 price tag and insist you only use one per each tube amp. Think of the money you'll save on power poles and you are still getting CLEANER power than anywhere in the world.

NgtFlyer

Uses an obsolete AD1865N which I found online for around $20.
So, I'm interested to know, what makes up the other $153713? Must be some expensive mix of Audio pixie dust!

(I've found lots of silly stuff like this, I can keep 'em coming!)

1593904862199.png

Last edited:

KeithPhantom

Forum Donor
Audiophoolery at its finest. Don't you remember the guy that used to sell tones that he would play through the phone so you system gets better?

Last edited:

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The old way of audiophoolery: I buy this $1000 DAC instead of that $100 DAC because it sounds better

The new way of audiophoolery: I buy this $1000 DAC instead of that $100 DAC because it sounds exactly the same

Measures better, though. Who cares if it sounds the same :)

Southall-1998

Uses an obsolete AD1865N which I found online for around $20.
So, I'm interested to know, what makes up the other $153713? Must be some expensive mix of Audio pixie dust!

(I've found lots of silly stuff like this, I can keep 'em coming!)

View attachment 71936

That is just plain rip-off!

I'll stick with my Cambridge Audio Topaz CD5, thanks!

S.

KeithPhantom

Forum Donor

KeithPhantom

Forum Donor
That is just plain rip-off!

I'll stick with my Cambridge Audio Topaz CD5, thanks!

S.
When you tell audiophiles the cheap gear nowadays is more true to the source than their boutique stuff...

SimpleTheater

Forum Donor
After watching this and thinking I could reach audio nirvana with my own telephone pole, I was sadly informed that all my electric is underground. I have started a petition asking my neighbors to allow dedicated "HiFi" poles be erected so clean power can be provided to my electronics. Most people will sign a petition without reading it, so when I say "clean power" they think I'm talking solar.

Does anyone know which type of wood pole acts as the best insulator. I don't want to cheap out with pine if oak or cherry's hard nature reduces electric vibrations? The man in the video let the electric company pick out the pole, so he's clearly not very knowledgeable.

Top Bottom