• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

One DAC, Two Amps - Best Options?

Evldice

Good evening, I'm a complete beginner to better audio equipment than AirPods. I have a SU-6 DAC and SH-6 Headphone Amp, I also have a Topping A50s AMP. I enjoy the sound of the SH-6 for headphones (Meze 99 Classic and Sundara) and the A50s for IEMs (Starfield and Timeless). What is the safest and best way to connect them all together and use them (not simultaneously) both? Some have suggested splitter cables, not a huge fan of this solution. Other have suggested an AMP Switch. Which solution is the safest and most effective solution? Thank you for your time and expertise.

OP
Evldice

Evldice

This would work great but you have to run the RCA's from the SU-6 into the OUT RCA's on sys. Then the IN's on the SYS go to the amps. Just turn the SYS volume all the way up so it acts as a pass-through.

It is backwards from normal operation but the SYS just redirects the signals so it performs flawlessly without degradation.

I've done it with mine before and it works perfectly.
Awesome! This is just the solution I was looking for. Thank you.

Reactions: GPJ
OP
Evldice

Evldice

I was concerned about noise or power changes. This seems like a better solution than splitters, at the very least neater on my desktop. Just ordered it.

OP
Evldice

Evldice

A lot of people seem to recommend Schitt equipment - I like the fact that it's made in the US. I've been very happy with Topping and SMSL so far. I can see how this hobby can quickly evolve. I'm still amazed at how much better the music I've been listening to for years sounds on better audio equipment, not to mention the improved audio with gaming.

Reactions: GPJ
OP
Evldice

Evldice

For sure, I bought some of my gear refurbished with warranties, just to dip my feet. I'm pacing myself because I feel that coming out of the gate with top-tier gear will not allow me to appreciate the difference in quality. Plus, I'm not an audiophile by any means, just an enthusiast.

Top Bottom