• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ask me questions.

Bleib

Major Contributor
@JohnYang1997
Will TP products be sold elsewhere other than aliexpress?

MBO

Hello!
Question about Topping A70Pro:

if you press the volume knob for a long time, the SW version appears on the screen, it is no longer possible to exit this mode, only by completely turning off the amplifier. T
The Hi Gain mode is too high, is it possible to make a Mid Gain??

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Of course. It's simply still being rolled out
No. "TP: Sold by Topping directly" he wrote, so no roll out other than official Topping stores or website store, and AFAIK, AliExpress is the only one.

Veri

Master Contributor
No. "TP: Sold by Topping directly" he wrote, so no roll out other than official Topping stores or website store, and AFAIK, AliExpress is the only one.

Nice catch and thanks for the correction. Seems really odd then, I guess they want to protect thin margins?? IMO, for sure a confusing move though.
If there's one thing everyone wants, it's quick and hassle-free (local) support and warranty. A deal breaker if that would not be possible, at all...

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice catch and thanks for the correction. Seems really odd then, I guess they want to protect thin margins?? IMO, for sure a confusing move though.
If there's one thing everyone wants, it's quick and hassle-free (local) support and warranty. A deal breaker if that would not be possible, at all...
And not selling a lot too, so let's see if they keep this on the long term.

Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor
And not selling a lot too, so let's if they keep this on the long term.
Well I'm not surprised, the subset of people that watches out for some new exclusive release on aliexpress of all things, and that is also willing to order there.. knowing full well they need to send back a large/heavy device to China in case of issues, troubles or warranty? It's surely not a large intersecting group.

Steve81

Forum Donor
Just an observation, I love playing this game with my kids :D

Here’s one to try and stump you: how does gravity within a black hole cause time and space to “flip” within the event horizon of a black hole, as described here:

IMG_1938.jpeg

Last edited:

Nonick

Would be nice if Topping would produce all-in-one unit. Amp, dac, streamer.
Something like PA5, EX5 and Wiim Mini.
If the unit would have FM radio module, id buy it regarldess of price.
Any plans for something like that?

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
Would be nice if Topping would produce all-in-one unit. Amp, dac, streamer.
Something like PA5, EX5 and Wiim Mini.
If the unit would have FM radio module, id buy it regarldess of price.
Any plans for something like that?

Cross between an EX5 and WiiM Pro with PEQ, controllable from a desktop app on PC, and an ability to use the app on your phone in landscape and cast it to your TV.

End-game device.

Bryguy

I am skeptical that Topping could ever produce a software as smooth to use as the Wiim. I understand that the bones of their app is used by a number of other companies, but their implementation is fantastic. Just buy a wiim, instead of waiting for an "end game device" from topping that has everything

Veri

Master Contributor
I am skeptical that Topping could ever produce a software as smooth to use as the Wiim. I understand that the bones of their app is used by a number of other companies, but their implementation is fantastic. Just buy a wiim, instead of waiting for an "end game device" from topping that has everything
WiiM has limited support of PEQ bands though. But yes it's coming along very nice :)

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor

Don’t worry, I’m on the WiiM bandwagon.

That doesn’t prevent me from wishing for an all-in-one EX5-streamer.

Bryguy

For now probably wait.
Still interested in a response Mr. Yang. Here was my question:

With the new batch (August 15?) having now arrived, what do you say now? Should we regard this as an updated version? (LA90D) Have the issues been resolved? Thanks

john11

Do you know what the plus version offers, is it more power, better sound quality ?
There is the one report of unit failure, anyone else notice anything, any crackling, weird noises ?

Top Bottom