• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 V2 - Review & Measurements by Erin

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1000021604.png
1000021658.png
1000021603.png
Ascend-Acoustics-Sierra-1-V2_360_Horizontal_Polar.png

1000021659.png
Text data:
DSC03989.JPG

PS: This one is part of the new "NFS Optimized" speakers from Ascend. So far it looks extremely promising (dat EIR :oops:). Almost no flaws here, apart from agressive compression. I personally wish that Ascend Acoustics could be distributed outside NA in the future. Also, can't wait to see @amirm and Erin measuring other speakers of the brand!

Last edited:

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Link;

Sonny1

Very impressive improvements to this speaker (which was already very good IMO to begin with) and great review by Erin. Ascend is doing some interesting work and their new designs are on my list of speakers I want to hear in person. Glad to see an established company not resting on its laurels and continuously working to improve products without dramatically increasing prices.

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Link;
I never would have imagined a manufacturer stating this, before you may add the product to the cart...
1000021671.png

ASR does have some responsibilities there...

JAJDACT

I have owned the Sierra LX and I now own the ELX Ribbon towers and I can say they are the best speakers I have owned or heard. Dave's customer service is excellent as well and he has always answered any questions or concerns I have had in great detail. I have seen a few members on here disregard his speakers because he sources his drivers from SEAS, compared to KEF and other's who manufacture and engineer their own. Others have doubted his Klippel measurements because he hasn't submitted his newer models to Amir or Erin for testing,so I am glad to see Erin confirm what I already knew.

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
That looks great. I'm sure it sounds awesome. I hope to get to hear some Sierras at some point.

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m glad to see someone is paying attention to what consumers want.
Is that really what consumers want ? I mean, by today, I have some doubts.

That wouldn't be a good marketing move if Ascend stick to objective reviews to promote their products. They would still have to send their speakers to subjectivists influencers... And that way, get glowing reviews. Or maybe not : because they measure good, perhaps the musicality, rythm, foot tapping and timbre (that some people still need to rave about) are not quite there...:facepalm: I'm not sure that the overall Audiophile market is ready to rely on measurements alone. Not yet, at least.

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That would probably be a speaker in my taste. They nailed the 1-5 kHz region...

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
What we (and by "we" I mean "I") need is someone who owns the Klippel NFS in Vancouver, so I can start to provide speakers for reviews.

I have no ethical problems purchasing speakers, getting the spin data, paying for this service if needed, then returning the speaker.

A man can hope... :)

Top Bottom