• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Are Measurements for Quad Z2? If not is there any option for doing this in the UK?

speedyuk

Hi, I'm a big fan of the site / forum / videos - thank you for the resource.

I've been running Quad Z2 speakers for a while now and pleased with the results in the environment they are used in.

I would really like to see how they 'measure' though. I appreciate that the speakers tested by Amir in the US obviously have a US vendor bias so the chances of getting Quads tested there are slim. Does anyone know what options there are for tests to be conducted using a Klippel NFS in the UK? Is there a facility available?

Oh and has the test been done on the Quad ESL63's or any of the later Quad Electrostatics?

Thanks

raindance

Major Contributor
I think you'll find a review on Stereophile for the S-2, which is the predecessor. It looks decent enough except for rather tubby bass tuning (which would probably sound quite full and warm in the right circumstances). I have been curious to hear these, because the previous Quad bookshelves were decent sounding if a little lacking in HF extension, which the ribbon tweeter evidently improves upon.

OP
S

speedyuk

Hi raindance, I had a pair of S2 and upgraded to the Z2 about 2 years ago. It's specifically the Z2 I'm interested in seeing the measurements for. It's purely out of curiosity that I'd like to see the full graphs. I'll be moving house soon and intend to spend some effort optimising the room acoustics and I'd like to know how good a starting point the Z2's are as a 'source'.

raindance

Major Contributor
If you cannot find a decent resource, you could always measure yourself, in-room, and see what aberrations show up. What is important is if you like them and consider them an upgrade over the S-2 which is a known quantity.

Top Bottom