• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A07 Max - Aiyima's new TPA3255 amplifier with mono/stereo output

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
A U-Toober has asserted that the A07 Max has the same issue with its 3.5mm jack as the original A07 -- he claims that its channels are reversed, i.e. the tip connection is the right channel and the ring is left rather than vice-versa, which is the de facto industry standard. Hopefully, a user will chime in to confirm this (or not).
I already tested this and confirmed earlier in this thread that aux out channels ate not reversed.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

I think this is by design. If you use the amps in mono mode, you can hook them up via the AUX, and have one amp do L and the other R without crossing the RCA cables. It's a bit of a curious choice though..
Channels aren’t reversed.
When I tested mono with aux out, if I remember correctly, Right (red) RCA output worked to another amplifier.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

There should not be any issues connecting PSU on smart plug to control power on/off operation.
There is very very mild pop noise when you power off like that, but its barely hearable from 1 m.

On the other hand, same pop noise is too loud on Topping Pa5 II in same operation. Loud like you won't want it at all.

Because of the power off pop out (power off via smart switch or wall plug), my PA5 II is going back and PA7 is on his way to me.

Foued

I ordered mine from Aliexpress, I will keep you informed regarding the capacitors voltage, if it has changed.

ninetylol

Am i correct to assume that i could connect a Subwoofer via the AUX out? If it just passes the Cinch input forward it should be variable output right?

dr_mick51

A question for all who have already tried the A07 Max. What is your opinion sound quality wize?. What other amplifiers have you compare against it? I have the original Aiyima A04. The one with black Tilear pcb and Elna capacitors. I have the new A04 "pro" with tones controls and finally, I have the Fosi V3.
So, in general I can say I have tried several implementations of the TPA3255/51 chips. And I've tried many Opamps as well: the stock 5532, some directly purchased from TI 5532P and 5532AP, LME47920, LM4562 and finally some OPA1656 and OPA1612 on adapters.
To help others to understand what other audio components are being used, a SML SU-6 and SH-6 are used. A car audio DSP and the Hivy Swans DIY3.1 with a modified version of the perfectionist mod.
I don't have any affinity for any brand, I judge and praise them equally. I agree all those power ratings are a joke, but it is what it is. We know how much power can these chips deliver and I'm ok with that. A clean 50W are more than enough.
I'm really liking the Aiyima A07 Max over my other TPA3255/51 amps. I'm using 2 OPA1612 and I'm very happy with the amp.
I'm the kind of person who enjoys very detailed sound, I like the hear all the different instruments and small nuances in the music.
I don't care much about low pass subwoofer output or high pass filter because I have a DSP for that function. And power-wize this is more than I need to, that means monoblock means nothing to me. Of course everybody has different likes and priorities.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

A question for all who have already tried the A07 Max. What is your opinion sound quality wize?. What other amplifiers have you compare against it?

Compared against Aiyima A07, A07 Pro, Fosi TB10d, SMSL AO200, Topping PA5 II

I'm really liking the Aiyima A07 Max over my other TPA3255/51 amps. I'm using 2 OPA1612 and I'm very happy with the amp.
I'm the kind of person who enjoys very detailed sound, I like the hear all the different instruments and small nuances in the music.

I have found A07 Max like no other, I kept coming back to it from PA5 II. It’s nothing like other previous Aiyima amplifiers, or other 3255 I have.
Normally I don’t wish to have another 3255 amplifier measured but this one I really do, may be that could tell what is it doing differently.
It has everything you want in your music.
Many times I feel better bass response in my combination (Elac DBR62). It’s not boomy at all, other 3255 would make you notice bass straight away but I didn’t find it like that in my setup with A07 Max. And probably that’s making it so good to me.
Anyways, it’s just subjective.
Let’s see if this one ever gets measured, but I am sure it won’t just be me finding this one better.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
I just got mine yesterday, will be changing up my main upstairs setup today so I can do some careful listening compared to Fosi V3 and the older A07 amps.

I was immediately impressed by the fit and finish & appearance of the case on the MAX. It's not "better" than the Fosi, but on par.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

I was immediately impressed by the fit and finish & appearance of the case on the MAX. It's not "better" than the Fosi, but on par.
V3 looks beautiful in pictures, I don’t have it but it surely does better in looks.
But look at the back plate - connector placement and speaker connector quality on A07 max, it is practically much better than any other such amplifier in my opinion.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
V3 looks beautiful in pictures, I don’t have it but it surely does better in looks.
But look at the back plate - connector placement and speaker connector quality on A07 max, it is practically much better than any other such amplifier in my opinion.
The vent holes on the top of the V3 are a really good look. Yeah, the speaker connections on the Aiyima are beefier than the other mini-amps.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

The vent holes on the top of the V3 are a really good look. Yeah, the speaker connections on the Aiyima are beefier than the other mini-amps.
Totally Agreed. Although personal choice but
1) are those vent holes doing any good for thermal management? Probably not because design allows heat management through bottom primarily.
2) are those vent holes possessing any risk? Probably Yes to me, might drop something accidentally. So have to be extra careful placing and securing from an accident to happen.

ninetylol

Compared against Aiyima A07, A07 Pro, Fosi TB10d, SMSL AO200, Topping PA5 II

I have found A07 Max like no other, I kept coming back to it from PA5 II. It’s nothing like other previous Aiyima amplifiers, or other 3255 I have.
Normally I don’t wish to have another 3255 amplifier measured but this one I really do, may be that could tell what is it doing differently.
It has everything you want in your music.
Many times I feel better bass response in my combination (Elac DBR62). It’s not boomy at all, other 3255 would make you notice bass straight away but I didn’t find it like that in my setup with A07 Max. And probably that’s making it so good to me.
Anyways, it’s just subjective.
Let’s see if this one ever gets measured, but I am sure it won’t just be me finding this one better.
Sounds great with my ELAC Uni-Fi B52 too. Got the DBR62 incoming next week.

isaac507

Just came across an amazon review mentioning that the A07 max is utilizing a defective power supply. It's labeled 36v 6a but actually only delivers 36v 3a according to the testing.

1698716629912.png

isaac507

This 36v 6a psu is commonly used on many aiyima's amps, like a07 pro and a08 pro. Did anyone find or hear about its defect before? According to Amir's measurement on a07 pro, its max power is around 100w per channel into 4 ohms. Seems lower than expected.

61Wu6ep1lUL._SL1600_.jpg
1698717800773.png

Last edited:
OP
Guddu

Guddu

This 36v 6a psu is commonly used on many aiyima's amps, like a07 pro and a08 pro. Did anyone find or hear about its defect before? According to Amir's measurement on a07 pro, its max power is around 100w per channel into 4 ohms. Seems lower than expected.

61Wu6ep1lUL._SL1600_.jpg
View attachment 322613

Does Amir’s measurements say it’s limited by power supply?

I have got the same power supply, and get 36v 6.28a

Toku

Major Contributor
Just came across an amazon review mentioning that the A07 max is utilizing a defective power supply. It's labeled 36v 6a but actually only delivers 36v 3a according to the testing.

View attachment 322612
There is so much fake information in the reviews posted on Amazon that I honestly cannot believe it.
The equipment used for the measurements is made by Kikusui Electronics in Japan and is very expensive. It's not something you can buy individually, so I think it was measured in the development department of some company.
Well, the only way to know the truth is to measure and confirm for yourself.

Top Bottom