• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Advice on choosing an Amp and DAC

Dodande

Hello,

This is my first post here and I am a newbie in audio science, so I would like to apologize in advance if I use any incorrect expressions or phrasing.

My very old audio system recently broke down, but the 4-Ohm passive speakers are still functioning well, and I'd like to keep them for now.

Over the years, I've come to realize that I only use my setup to transmit signals from my PC to either my speakers or headphones. So I'm not looking for any extra features such as Wi-Fi.
In the future, I plan to upgrade my headphones and speakers, and I would like the new system not to be the limiting factor.
My room is 15 square meters, and I usually sit about 1-2 meters away from the speakers.
It's crucial for me to easily switch between my headphones and speakers, whether with just a press of a button or through a conveniently detachable and pluggable headphone option.

Would you suggest an integrated DAC/Amp or separate devices, with a budget of up to $800/750€?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
A possibility:

1706387816076.png

An amp based on the same nc122mp module: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...io-p122-class-d-amplifier-measurements.11801/

If you can stretch the budget a bit, you could get double the amp power:

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
A slightly cheaper DAC:

This would allow you to get the more powerful amp within budget.

You'll need some TRS to XLR cables with that one:

Top Bottom