• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ADAM Audio A series 2022

Scielienta

I was going to order Genelec 8030c but change my mind and ordered A7V. Hope it is worth to wait.

Scielienta

I don't know
I heard the old A7X and liked the 8030 and KH120 much more despite being smaller

I heard reslly good things about the 8030c that’s why still not sure if I did the right thing or not to order A7V. I still have time to cancel my order, so still looking.

How loud is the 8030c if you can rememler it? I’ve T5V in my bedroom for 1 year and pretty happy with it, but I want better soundimg monitors for producing and listening.

mightycicadalord

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I heard reslly good things about the 8030c that’s why still not sure if I did the right thing or not to order A7V. I still have time to cancel my order, so still looking.

How loud is the 8030c if you can rememler it? I’ve T5V in my bedroom for 1 year and pretty happy with it, but I want better soundimg monitors for producing and listening.

8030c can get loud as hell

I was going to order Genelec 8030c but change my mind and ordered A7V. Hope it is worth to wait.

They are 2 different philosophies entirely.

ADAM likes tight vertical dispersion to avoid any ceiling/floor/table reflections and expects the room to be dampened. This would explain why they have a high shelf on the S2V and use AMT tweeters, because they are vertically tight and known to sound "more detailed". Right now they incorporating DSP, but also have some tone shaping options like non-flat voicing options.

Genelec is more about the design of the physical cabinet and directivity. They don't try to limit how it could interact with the room, they plan on it but want to shape what occurs with a more engineered waveguide. Genelec does DSP too but on their higher end products, it's all in house and wants perfect flat.

temps

8030c can get loud as hell
No they can't. Bass headroom is non-existent and the limiter is intrusive. There should be no contest between 7" Adam and 5" Genelec.

High passed with a subwoofer is a different story

Reactions: Zvu

Filio45

High passed with a subwoofer
I wonder if a HPF filter is included within the new A series DSP? Probably not but I wish more companies would include one, like JBL did on the old LSR25p's (80Hz). Having one could negate the need to invest in a miniDSP, especially if you have a sub with internal PEQ included, like in the current SVS models.

Running the mains full-range and then low-passing the subwoofer at the natural roll-off of the speakers is also an option, but I digress.

Last edited:

Scielienta

They are 2 different philosophies entirely.

ADAM likes tight vertical dispersion to avoid any ceiling/floor/table reflections and expects the room to be dampened. This would explain why they have a high shelf on the S2V and use AMT tweeters, because they are vertically tight and known to sound "more detailed". Right now they incorporating DSP, but also have some tone shaping options like non-flat voicing options.

Genelec is more about the design of the physical cabinet and directivity. They don't try to limit how it could interact with the room, they plan on it but want to shape what occurs with a more engineered waveguide. Genelec does DSP too but on their higher end products, it's all in house and wants perfect flat.
Thank you so much for the detailed answer. I’ve well acoustic dampened room in my house, so it should be fine with the Adam I believe.

Reactions: Zvu

mightycicadalord

Addicted to Fun and Learning
No they can't. Bass headroom is non-existent and the limiter is intrusive. There should be no contest between 7" Adam and 5" Genelec.

High passed with a subwoofer is a different story

They get uncomfortably loud in my spaces.

Filio45

They do apparently have a sleep mode at 3.5 W, though available documentation does not mention any kind of auto standby
According to Adam: It will be possible to put the monitors into sleep mode and wake them up via the A-Control software. But no auto standby feature on the monitors themselves.

I guess better than nothing anyway-)

Last edited:

Wardy

I've ordered a paid of A4V's and some isoacoustics 130's to stand them on, now for a DAC, looking at the Topping EX5 or the Sabaj A20d 2022 Version ATM.

Ampyx

The A8Hs could be the new standard. Really excited to hear them!

dfuller

Major Contributor
The A8Hs could be the new standard. Really excited to hear them!
They have potential to be excellent and potential to suck. You never know with Adam.

Illtrick

Got the A4v's today, just getting them going.
Nice small speaker.
Tweeter hiss is only audible if I put my ear right up to them.
So far they seem very clear even cranking them up.
Have you played with the DSP?

Top Bottom