• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Acoustic effects of the audiophile shrine

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Well it was kinda bad tbh.. Not a ' blacker blacks ' moment.

But whatever, if you guys don't believe large square metal objects right in the middle of the listening area can cause audible reflection anomalies I'm ok with that :)

I'm coming to America soon, maybe we can get together and do some tests.. I'd love that...:D

Awww, just yanking your chain for lack of method, vicar....this is the Science Review and we need to hold the staff to high standards lest the more weak-willed members of the flock lose their way again and backslide into the temptations of the senses.

But, yes, acoustics are a real thing and don't require the belief in nano quantum tachyons, dark noise, or wooden boxes full of dirt.

To where in America are you going?

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
But whatever, if you guys don't believe large square metal objects right in the middle of the listening area can cause audible reflection anomalies I'm ok with that :)
I believe it so I've replaced those relatively small metal objects with a fairly large center channel loudspeaker and the improvement is notable. :p

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I believe it so I've replaced those relatively small metal objects with a fairly large center channel loudspeaker and the improvement is notable. :p
Lol, I'm guessing that's level with your left and right speakers ( equidistant from your esteemed self) and not way out in front getting bombarded by strong off axis sound waves like my rack was..

Still I recommend a special 'savage audio' quantum throw over 5000 a snip at $589.95

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Still I recommend a special 'savage audio' quantum throw over 5000 a snip at $589.95

Oh Thomas....

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAj9AAAAJDg4NmIzZjAwLTAzOTQtNDVkNS05ZjBkLTI4ZjM1YWYyMjUxMA.jpg

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Iv been covering my 'shrine' with a blanket as I was getting a annoying reflection off it, today I repositioned the power leads and interconnects to facilitate the moving of my rack tight up against the back wall ( basically 3-4 inches back from where it was) .

This has eradicated the reflection and removed any need for a blanket..
But whatever, if you guys don't believe large square metal objects right in the middle of the listening area can cause audible reflection anomalies I'm ok with that
The blanket I can certainly believe.
But just moving the same gear back 3-4 inches eradicated the disturbing reflections seems way over the top.
Nope, sorry bud but I'm not buying that. YMMV
Hugs and Kisses for the New Year ;)

egellings

Major Contributor
I always genuflect in front of my tube amps before I adjust the plate current with a screwdriver and handheld voltmeter. They appreciate that and give me a little better sound. It's at least as effective as placing mpingo discs on the output transformers, and I get a bit of exercise in the process.

Top Bottom