• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Absolutely Preposterous Denafrips DAC Reviews

egellings

Major Contributor
Once upon a time, I was on a forum where a speaker and electronics designer.. insisted that one of his preamp sounded better upside down... :rolleyes:... Seriously.

I have witnessed a person who was capable of hearing the differences brought in by a clock:eek: .. in another person system ... Yep!! Said clock did rearrange the electrons so that they would move coherently :eek::eek:... It made a "vast" difference in his system too...
The infamous Tice Clock?

egellings

Major Contributor
I wonder if he had stood on his head and left the preamp right side up, if he'd have heard the same difference.

amper42

Major Contributor
Stacking components and the order of that stacking can make an enormous difference to the way they perform. You can have the best DAC in the world and it gets a hideous hum when placed too close to your power amplifer.

Preamplifiers on top of power amplifiers are a no go. Any form of low level device near a high current device is a no no.

Some CD players, DACs and DVD/Blue ray can interfere with phono/preamp stages. Radiated transfromer PSU noise etc.

The placement of preamplifers alongside power amplifiers needs to be determined where transformers are concerned to minimise noise. All this is well known and I've dealt with it since the 1970s, especially back in the day with tape recording where the placement of the deck with respect to every other piece of gear was extremely important.

When testing a device, it should be always placed in the same location, away from anything that may affect or compromise its performance.
RME-NC502MP.png
This stack works well with an RME ADI-2 on a short riser above the Buckeye NC502MP. :D
The 2 inch opening above the Buckeye allows a decent airflow across the amp top vents while still supporting a compact design. The stand is actually the outer case I cannibalized from an old Soundcarftsmen S800 amp.

Last edited:
Top Bottom