• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

About the 3 new products of Nordost - QBASE Mark III, QSINE và QWAVE

Ducnguyen2k10

Dear friends,
I found this video that a representative from Nordost explaining how the three new Nordost products (QBASE Mark III, QSINE và QWAVE) works to eliminate/reduce noise in the power line system. I would like to know what you guys thinking about what he said in the video.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Did not and will not watch the video. Nordost is always full of it. I'll invoke Brandolini's law and leave it at that.

Thank you and we should not...
To the OP: You have been here for a while , it seems .. You don't post much but if you are , really here, you should know by now, this video is an Everest of bovine manure, aka B.S.. No need to watch any of those videos... A case of prejudices if you will :D...
They (Nordost, and their ilk in the HEA) are full of feces ... And we could, but don't need to, prove that.

Peace.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you and we should not...
To the OP: You have been here for a while , it seems .. You don't post much but if you are , really here, you should know by now, this video is an Everest of bovine manure, aka B.S.. No need to watch any of those videos... A case of prejudices if you will :D...
They (Nordost, and their ilk in the HEA) are full of feces ... And we could, but don't need to, prove that.

Peace.
Your prose gave me a chuckle, but I believe you are being a little hard on the OP. Maybe a link to a thread where similar items were tested and shown to be worthless would be kinder and more scientific. Just my opinion. I don't make or enforce the rules here.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Your prose gave me a chuckle, but I believe you are being a little hard on the OP. Maybe a link to a thread where similar items were tested and shown to be worthless would be kinder and more scientific. Just my opinion. I don't make or enforce the rules here.
I'll try to be more gentle.. henceforth .. It behooves the question of awareness of a forum member. If you are here. then you at least should have an inkling of what we (in the sense of the majority that post here) think of such ... err ... things.
I apologize , sincerely to the OP.

and likely won't post on this , since I will not watch the video and provide these people with more eyeballs.

Peace.

JSmith

Master Contributor
lRTxfHJ.gif

JSmith

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Come the revolution, hanged from lampposts, or is that too much?
( with one of their own cables of course)
Keith

OP
D

Ducnguyen2k10

Ok! I would like to explain more why I come into decision posting this.

First of all, I’m prefer to be a reader, rather than talker, that’s why I joined a long time, but do not post regularly. Do not think active member is the one who talks plenty. Actually, I read plenty instead.

Secondly, I know Nordost is the company making lots of snake oil products which make no differences in measurement, and also many products cause degradation and introduce more noise into the system instead of cleaning/reducing it as their claims. I know and I fully understand that.

However, we have to be very fair. Not all Nordost products have been measured, and due to complication in every system chain, we might not 100% sure how and it might affect or benefit the system. Right?

Also, in this video, they talk about 3 new products which have not been measured yet or understand how they affect the signal chain yet. So if we are wise gentlemen, we must be fair and cannot make reckless assumptions. What if there is a slight chance that 1 in 1000 Nordos products actually works and can make things better. Right!?

So, for now, we can analyse what the Nordost sellers said, and find what he said actually wrong and point that out, so we can confidently assume that these 3 new products are no better than their snake-oil ones previously made!

I’m here for peace, and i’m on your side! Not to try marketing for Nordost!

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Please! At least you can quote and explain some technical errors from his claims?
Well to do that I would need to watch the video. I've wasted enough time doing such in my life already. Here is a test of a Nordost product by Amir.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

First of all, I’m prefer to be a reader, rather than talker, that’s why I joined a long time, but do not post regularly. Do not think active member is the one who talks plenty. Actually, I read plenty instead.

Secondly, I know Nordost is the company making lots of snake oil products which make no differences in measurement, and also many products cause degradation and introduce more noise into the system instead of cleaning/reducing it as their claims. I know and I fully understand that.

However, we have to be very fair. Not all Nordost products have been measured, and due to complication in every system chain, we might not 100% sure how and it might affect or benefit the system. Right?

Also, in this video, they talk about 3 new products which have not been measured yet or understand how they affect the signal chain yet. So if we are wise gentlemen, we must be fair and cannot make reckless assumptions. What if there is a slight chance that 1 in 1000 Nordos products actually works and can make things better. Right!?

So, for now, we can analyse what the Nordost sellers said, and find what he said actually wrong and point that out, so we can confidently assume that these 3 new products are no better than their snake-oil ones previously made!

This is the equivalent of saying, "the world is flat. Prove me wrong. We must rebut this because there is a chance we've overlooked something in the claim."

OP
D

Ducnguyen2k10

This is the equivalent of saying, "the world is flat. Prove me wrong. We must rebut this because there is a chance we've overlooked something in the claim."
Your hate of Nordost snake-oil products has blurred your mind! Calm down, bro!

OP
D

Ducnguyen2k10

When you have shoveled as much BS as this company has, you lose the benefit of the doubt. Pursue at your own risk, probably little interest in these products here.
You do not understand me that well. I’m not here to promote for Nordost! I’m here to look for technical answers to reveal the Nordost sellers BS claims!

solderdude

Grand Contributor

You need to understand that the 'dynamics' (peaks) in music are drawn from the reservoir capacitors inside an amp.
They are NOT drawn directly from mains. Mains is AC and the internal voltages in amps are DC so are rectified and thereby noise is removed.
The AC only provides (short) pulses that replenish the reservoir caps every 10 (or 8.3ms) only when the mains voltage peaks.

The idea Nordost has is to use no 'regular' filtering (which actually removes RF garbage from mains) but instead do 'something' in parallel. They speak of 'increasing the impedance for HF' in one direction only (BS) and thereby supposedly not lower the max peak currents that can be drawn from mains (every 8 or 10ms).

Parallel filtering (shunt filtering) actually works with DC but requires a maximum current.
The AC claimed filtering is nonsense as has been shown by tests from Amir.

This is a LOT of BS yet again...

OP
D

Ducnguyen2k10

Well to do that I would need to watch the video. I've wasted enough time doing such in my life already. Here is a test of a Nordost product by Amir.

You cannot make assumption like that bro. If every Nordost products have been measured so far are bad, you cannot assume that ALL their products are bad.
Let say, if some products of one company have measurement results really good, you cannot assume that ALL products that company make in the future also good. Right?
That’s what I call “reckless assumption”! We have to be fair and stay as objective as possible!

MAB

Major Contributor

You're trying to make us watch and discuss a flat-earth video.
It's really quite painful to watch these, not fun and quite unenjoyable. You asked us to do this.
It's even harder to have a serious discussion of what was said, since the video is incoherent (I did watch a bit). None of the pseudoscience fall into the realm of testable science. Yet you asked us to frame it as such.
Also, if I had gone to a flat-earth website and asked them to comment on the latest astrophysical observations, they would also lack the ability to have a serious conversation, although for different reasons than ASR.;) Maybe go down to the local college physics department and share a flat-earth YouTube and see if it kicks off a vibrant discussion.

Lastly, I used to sell this stuff and I have been to this show before, it's called a circus; these videos are clickbait. You say you have been reading ASR, didn't you pick up on this? People post these random YouTube videos of blow-hards talking about snake oil all the time.

OP
D

Ducnguyen2k10

You need to understand that the 'dynamics' (peaks) in music are drawn from the reservoir capacitors inside an amp.
They are NOT drawn directly from mains. Mains is AC and the internal voltages in amps are DC so are rectified and thereby noise is removed.
The AC only provides (short) pulses that replenish the reservoir caps every 10 (or 8.3ms) only when the mains voltage peaks.

The idea Nordost has is to use no 'regular' filtering (which actually removes RF garbage from mains) but instead do 'something' in parallel. They speak of 'increasing the impedance for HF' in one direction only (BS) and thereby supposedly not lower the max peak currents that can be drawn from mains (every 8 or 10ms).

Parallel filtering (shunt filtering) actually works with DC but requires a maximum current.
The AC claimed filtering is nonsense as has been shown by tests from Amir.

This is a LOT of BS yet again...
Yes! Thank you so much! I love more answers with such knowledge like this!

OP
D

Ducnguyen2k10

You're trying to make us watch and discuss a flat-earth video.
It's really quite painful to watch these, not fun and quite unenjoyable. You asked us to do this.
It's even harder to have a serious discussion of what was said, since the video is incoherent (I did watch a bit). None of the pseudoscience fall into the realm of testable science. Yet you asked us to frame it as such.
Also, if I had gone to a flat-earth website and asked them to comment on the latest astrophysical observations, they would also lack the ability to have a serious conversation, although for different reasons than ASR.;) Maybe go down to the local college physics department and share a flat-earth YouTube and see if it kicks off a vibrant discussion.

Lastly, I used to sell this stuff and I have been to this show before, it's called a circus; these videos are clickbait. You say you have been reading ASR, didn't you pick up on this? People post these random YouTube videos of blow-hards talking about snake oil all the time.
Ok bro! Appreciate your responses anyway!

Top Bottom