• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

Hifihedgehog

Can I just say that I think we should dub this month "Stinky September" just because of the long streak of products that totally stink performance-wise? I mean seriously, just scrolling down the front page, all I see is an endless sea of headless panthers! Nearly all the products Amir has tested this month have had to put on the chopping block earning that notorious headless porcelain pal. And the one product that managed to not get the headless panther instead got the very rare share world's worst cook panther. Some funny person here in the forums had suggested that Amir should review some lesser performing products after testing the Stealth to clean his palette. Well, I think he actually needs to clean his palette with an actually good product after subjecting himself to this mountain of overpriced, overrated junk.

Eddy H.

Off topic aside, that name has always bothered me.

I can't decide if it's supposed to be an intentional misspelling of the English "kinky" or if it's supposed to be "taboo" in Japanese (kinki/きんき/禁忌)
Kinky is the owners wifes name. lol

Ingenieur

Forum Donor
Not gear really, but smartphone mic accuracy. Play a sweep on a speaker and plot. Perhaps singular tones, etc.

Curious how accurate when used with an FFT app. I'm sure our host could come up with other tests.

Yameyo

Can't afford to buy or send these at present (probably ever), but I'd be interested to see the measurements for the Mycetias Vulcanians and Wharfedale Lintons.

Budgeter

Fiio K3 (2021 revision)

ripmixburn

Forum Donor
What about, what I've read is, the biggest selling speaker of all time? Dynaco A25. I have a pair but shipping from Canada is not practical unfortunately.

Rufus T. Firefly

Forum Donor
Yeah would send em if I still had em
I have three TC 60's and have thought about sending one but then I think why, what am I or anyone else really going to gain? It'd be interesting to see how they measure but I'd rather sink the money into my current upgrades.

Jmudrick

I have three TC 60's and have thought about sending one but then I think why, what am I or anyone else really going to gain? It'd be interesting to see how they measure but I'd rather sink the money into my current upgrades.

'88 TC50 measured

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Has @Amiram done a speaker splitter/switcher/selector with volume control?
Besides the popular use cases, these products are good for subjectively reviewing/comparing speakers; if you don’t use the same tracks every time nor have a “reference” speaker to compare to, your subjective opinions hold little weight; and it needs to have volume controls for each output in order to level match them so sensitivity is not a factor when comparing tonal qualities.

Not sure of the products out there but looking for ones that have 5-way binding posts (many are the phoenix connector type) as well as being rated for 4-ohm loads (many state 8ohm minimum) I found this one for <$150 on Amazon:
81nc0-828TL._AC_SS450_.jpg

Also, if Amir or whoever wants to do a multi-speaker comparison trying to emulate Harman’s testing, for ~$200 there is a 5ch one:
71ul2bsUmCL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom