• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

ripmixburn

Forum Donor
Pro audio brand Røde just released a tiny versatile USB audio interface called the AI-Micro. Dual analog/mic inputs, headphone output, and digitally connects to Mac, Windows, iOS and Android devices. If this thing measured well, even as a DAC, it would be amazing.

Product Specifications​

Acoustic / Electrical
Frequency Response20Hz to 20kHz
Headphone Output
Power
125mW into 32Ω
Input Dynamic Range100dB A-Weighted
Gain Range0-24dB.v analog gain
Analog Inputs2 x 3.5mm auto-sensing
TRS/TRRS
Analog Outputs3.5mm TRS headphone
output
Computer ConnectivityUSB Type-C
OS RequirementsmacOS Big Sur
Windows 10 (Build 19041)
iOS 14
Android 9.0
Simultaneous I/O2/2
Number of Preamps2
Bit Depth24-bit
Sample Rate44.1/48kHz
Power RequirementsBus-powered
Mechanical
WeightAI-Micro: 13 g
SC21: 6 g
SC22: 4 g
SC23: 6 g
DimensionsAI-Micro
Width: 40 mm
Length 11.1 mm
Height: 38.2 mm

SC21, SC22, SC23
Length: 300 mm

Reactions: 617

tknx

For $90 maybe. But I think between the Apple dongle, the E1DA, and other value players I am not sure how this will compare. Would be interesting to see.

mightycicadalord

Would love to see the avantone guass 7. looks like their own woofer and what i think is a now disconnected dayton amt or similar design.

Streaky mastering YouTube channel did a subjective review and I thought it was curious he mentioned he turned the hf level up. can't recall the last time I heard a speaker that needed that, its usually down. Might be on the softer side of tonality and that has me interested.

Top Bottom