• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
BB1hK4uj.jpg

Prana Ferox

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It's like a friend of Northafrican origin who's surname is Berraoui. It looks like they lost some consonants while writing the name...

My family is Eastern European and they still talk about how horrible it was there until trade opened up and they could finally bring in vowels from the West. I think a lot of those came from African vowel farms. The Baltics in general are blessed with rich, practically overflowing consonant mines but without imported vowel additives you get long strings of brittle gibberish without any comprehensible alloys.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
1710098630675.png

from the Polk forums -- a handy guide to Daylight Saving Time ("Summer Time").
I kept a printed sheet in the glovebox of my beloved 2002 Toyota Taco[ma] with instructions to set the (aftermarket) Pioneer radio's clock. It was methodologically completely abstruse. :)

Waxx

Major Contributor
My family is Eastern European and they still talk about how horrible it was there until trade opened up and they could finally bring in vowels from the West. I think a lot of those came from African vowel farms. The Baltics in general are blessed with rich, practically overflowing consonant mines but without imported vowel additives you get long strings of brittle gibberish without any comprehensible alloys.
Yeah, but in the Tifinagh, the written form of Tamazight (Berber) languages there is no lack of consonants. It's (at least partly) based on the old Punic/Phoenician writing, that is also the origin of the Latin (and Greek) writing methods we use. And in Arab writing (also used by Berber), there are no letters for vowels, only for consonants and vowels are only suggested by accents on the consonants. His name can't be written in Arab the right way he says himself, as there are not enough consonants to write the accents for the vowels on...

Keith_W

Major Contributor
I've always really liked this Far Side cartoon.
Some of the best of Gary Larson's series were those that depict the instant of catastrophe -- or the instant just before, i.e., d(catastrophe)/dt.
One of the exemplars of the genre, from my perspective.

If you like cartoons that depict the instant before the catastrophe, you might like this:

7c8a0af85024c491f9350beb92dcb158.jpg

... not Gary Larson though.

Top Bottom