• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Taken out of context*

1707864442939.png

Just the thing to use to play Frank Zappa...

:cool:

DonR

Major Contributor
I don't know why but I found that one to be particularly funny. Maybe because I interpreted the question posed both ways, the celebrity being dead or alive and the person bring asked being dead or alive. I've also finished half a bottle of wine with lunch.
That really is the only civilized way to eat lunch.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Ha, boy is that kind of stuff familiar, since I spent countless hours debating those type of folks on evolution, intelligent design, creationism etc. I must have worn out all my walls from banging my head on them.

Back in the day when those debates were more common, one of the most notorious comments from an evolution-denying fundie was this one, passed around and most widely known as:

"Creationist almost discovers The Sun!"

(begin anti-evolution fundie post):

One of the most basic laws in the universe is the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This states that as time goes by, entropy in an environment will increase. Evolution argues differently against a law that is accepted EVERYWHERE BY EVERYONE. Evolution says that we started out simple, and over time became more complex. That just isn't possible: UNLESS there is a giant outside source of energy supplying the Earth with huge amounts of energy. If there were such a source, scientists would certainly know about it.

Take that, EVILutionists!

Top Bottom