• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Waxx

Major Contributor
no exit.jpg

ta240

Major Contributor
Actually, increasing the weight on the carriage and decreasing net pulling force is not a bad idea to improve traction when you are stuck in mud. When a car us stuck in mud, the general advice would be to use 2nd gear instead of fist and fill up the back seats. Corporate solution is not bad for a change! :)

Ironically, that is a very 'management' like explanation; confidently applying a solution that works in a completely different situation and expecting the same outcome in this one.

The weight over the wheels works with a car because the wheels are driving the car and you want traction. In this situation added traction on the wheels is a negative, as is increased weight; which would not only add an increased load to pull but also push the wheels into the mud more. The drive hooves are on dry ground and only need enough force to break the wheels free from the sticky mud.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ironically, that is a very 'management' like explanation; confidently applying a solution that works in a completely different situation and expecting the same outcome in this one.

The weight over the wheels works with a car because the wheels are driving the car and you want traction. In this situation added traction on the wheels is a negative, as is increased weight; which would not only add an increased load to pull but also push the wheels into the mud more. The drive hooves are on dry ground and only need enough force to break the wheels free from the sticky mud.
Good point, well made.

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
I've always gotten a kick out of people that clearly spend a lot of time working on being non-conformist, by conforming with a smaller group.
When I went to art college, it was an older student, I was 24, I think, whereas many of my classmates were in there late teens. For the first few weeks they all dressed quite normally, however they obviously all got a memo, which I didn't, and all went out and bought their "art student uniform", and thereafter they would wear the selection of random crap they'd bought in the local charity shops. :)

Prana Ferox

Addicted to Fun and Learning

It also assumes rear wheel drive and possibly a stick shift

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
1703443850066.png

Top Bottom