• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Waxx

Major Contributor
374736274_10159693434098367_963574805654244054_n.jpg

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
She's singin' "I'm the great-great-great-granddaughter of Paganini; look how my extra fingers are moving at mach speed across the frets." Violins? I'll give you violins, great-great-great-grandpappy wishes *he'd* played the guitar! (It's that or my eyesight is failing me and she's just invented a whole new bar-chord...)
Could possibly be an electrical short

KellenVancouver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Related...
Isocrates tells a story in Panathenaicus about how he silenced an opponent in a debate over the relative virtues between Spartans and Athenians. Years later, in a moment of self-reflection, Isocrates said of this event and his debate opponent:
"For he went his way, having grown wiser and feeling chastened in spirit, as is becoming to men of intelligence; he had experienced the force of the inscription at Delphi ["Know Thyself"] and come to know both himself and the nature of the Lacedaemonians [Spartans] better than before. I, on the other hand, remained, having perhaps debated effectively, but having because of this very fact shown less understanding, cherishing a greater pride than befits men of my age."

Top Bottom