• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
281fd0fddc29988ea29dacef3062b46dfe5159efce8ffdbab0906c3f2602d7a9.jpg

Anthony LoFi

I am sure there are, but it would not be wise to make any political posts.
Hi Keith, Yes its a really scarey world when you want to speak your mind. I guess there are other places where such humour would be acceptable.

Just as an aside, I am in my 60's.
Many years ago verbal jokes where shared between friends and especially in the workplace.
I remember most mornings one of my fellow workers would have a joke to tell. It would really brighten up the day.
The jokes though where mostly often about sex, wives, mother-in-laws or politicians.
I had many jobs in the pre 90's era and every workplace was the same.
There would always be someone who was a real joker and had a library on call when asked.
Now I guess we have progressed as a society to think about how we create humour to be sure no one is made to feel aggrieved.

PS. I always remember the Readers Digest used to have little one liners at the bottom on the page or in a section called I think "humour is the best medicine"
I really enjoy this thread. Its the only humour page I read and creates happy little endorphins in my blood stream.
Well done forum contributors (inset large smiley face here)

Keith_W

Major Contributor
Well, the trick is to change the subject so that it is no longer political ;) This joke was originally about politicians:

When Bill Gates, Bezos, Zuckerberg, and Steve Jobs died and before the Pearly Gates, God made them do a test before they could enter. He said, "in front of you is a pit full of sh*t. If you can walk on top of the sh*t, you can enter Heaven".

Bill Gates went first and he sank to his knees in sh*t. He went straight to Hell.

Bezos tried next and he sank to his waist in sh*t. He went straight to Hell.

Zuckerberg tried next. He almost drowned in sh*t. He went straight to Hell.

Steve Jobs stepped into the pit. To everyone's amazement, he did not sink. He walked on the sh*t! When he got to the other side, Ive and Cook emerged from the pit, covered in sh*t, holding him up.

That joke can be swapped around to include any politician you like (or dislike) ;) It may not work if the joke depends on Trump's orange skin or Boris Johnson's hair but you get the idea ...

Top Bottom