• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
Screenshot-2023-04-11-at-8.jpg

Waxx

Major Contributor
Last one is supposed to be Dutch I think not German. And as far as I am concerned, they nailed it.
It's certainly not dutch, it's a bastardised kind of german, like english speaking persons who try to speak german. In Dutch it would be "niet op uw edele delen laten vallen" or something like that. But at the end dutch is low german (or a modern variation of it) so the confussion is not that strange ;) ...

symphara

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It's certainly not dutch, it's a bastardised kind of german, like english speaking persons who try to speak german. In Dutch it would be "niet op uw edele delen laten vallen" or something like that. But at the end dutch is low german (or a modern variation of it) so the confussion is not that strange ;) ...
I too thought it was some kind of bastardised Dutch. It doesn’t seem German to me. Still funny.

Waxx

Major Contributor
I too thought it was some kind of bastardised Dutch. It doesn’t seem German to me. Still funny.
Dutch (or at least the Westflemish version of it) is my mothertongue, it's not Dutch, not in any variation. It got the high Germanic tonality (consonant shift) that is standard in modern German (based on old middle and high German), that no low German language (Frissian, Dutch, Flemish) or it's dialects has. Northern and western Germany historically also spoke low German languages (low Saxon, Franconian, ...) altough, but that changed in the last centuries with the standardisation of German. But for non speakers it may be hard to tell, as Dutch (Dietsch is the old name, Nederlands (lowlandic) the new in our language) and German (Deutsch in German)) are very close relatives and used to be one language (with a lot of dialects) untill maybe 500 years ago. And even if we don't speak the other language, we still largely understand each other.

Last edited:

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Dutch (or at least the Westflemish version of it) is my mothertongue, it's not Dutch, not in any variation. It got the high Germanic tonality (consonant shift) that is standard in modern German (based on old middle and high German), that no low germanic language (Frissian, Dutch, Flemish) or it's dialects has. Northern and western Germany historically also spoke low germanic languages (low Saxon, Franconian, ...) altough, but that changed in the last centuries with the standardisation of German.
No one thought it was German or Dutch. The fact that it is bastardization of English to sound/look like German or Dutch is THE joke. Now we explained it and it's no longer funny.

Top Bottom