• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Knew an old guy who was in WWII. He was sent over the couple weeks after Normandy. Was a supply sergeant, and was assigned a jeep. He drove it from the coast of France all the way to Germany by war's end. There was some program after the war where you could pay a fee and get your jeep. He did. He described how happy he was waiting on his jeep coming in on a train. Said it made him glad to be home, and reminded him of how lucky he was. He kept it his entire life. They didn't disassemble it according to him. It came with new tires and strapped on a rail car. He watched them drive it off and signed papers so they could hand it over to him. I knew soldiers came back with various souvenirs that the military wasn't too picky about, but he is the only one I have heard of who had his jeep from the war.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I got a photo radar ticket on the causeway leaving Venice. They said I was doing 76Kph in a 70 Kph zone :(
Interesting. It used to be the case that you get 10% leeway on top of the limit before you got a ticket, not sure what is the story here.

raif71

Major Contributor
main-qimg-042984c749f731cf5178f93e470fe6eb

Top Bottom