• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
die-by date.jpg

Katji

Major Contributor
Seriously though, how often are all those buttons and knobs used on these consoles in studios?
A lot, I think, but I really don't know anything much about it, realised that especially when I saw some big ones.

Recently saw a video on defunct recording studios, big complex built at Radio Bophutatswana [in South Africa, was the name of a semi-independent homeland/reservation] in 1990s...seems it was hardly used, millions of US$ in it...massive mixing consoles. Interview with the Focusrite CEO/boss - I didn't know that was their main business before getting into pro audio interfaces. The stuff is great, state-of-the-art at the time but it was just before it become superseded by new generation digital.

They got Van Der Hul, I think, to get monster amplifiers built for it... which disapeared overnight when company was being liquidated, and then found their way into various hands.

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Cameroonians line up in front of the first Shopping Mall called "Carrefour" in Douala (capital), to try the escalators.
Carrefour is a French company that opens shopping malls worldwide....

Last edited:
Top Bottom