• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
What's up with these posts (a 404 link?) and what's up with people giving "Likes" for them?:oops:

It's a Facebook thing... I think. I have the same problem. I can see the picture if I right click and open it in a new tab. I'm too lazy to do it most of the time and just keep scrolling.

It's browser dependent as far as I understand.

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
I don't know. I see the pictures fine. However on one of my laptops I get the 404. Don't know what the difference is. I've noticed a couple pics I posted I see them on my desktop and laptop, but get 404 on my phone.

I have figured out if I grab a pic and drop it in some photo software and copy and paste it from there into the thread you never get these 404s.
I don't get a 404 error; I get URL expired if I highlight and try to open in a new tab

Martin Takamine

O8uNseH.jpg

Somafunk

Major Contributor
If it stops untruths being disseminated and aids survival of all, then I consider it of utmost importance to rebuke certain falsehoods. This is a science based forum after all.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I don't know. I see the pictures fine. However on one of my laptops I get the 404. Don't know what the difference is. I've noticed a couple pics I posted I see them on my desktop and laptop, but get 404 on my phone.

I have figured out if I grab a pic and drop it in some photo software and copy and paste it from there into the thread you never get these 404s.
Yeah, I find sometimes I have to do that, too*. :rolleyes:
I think that this forum s/w somehow 'remembers' the original source of the image (some sort of meta-data that tags along) and decides that "we" aren't supposed to be cuttin' and pastin' it someplace else.

That said, I am reminded of this...

workaround.png

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Mine was from the perspective of a "first time whiner"! )I've never seen them in previous posts(
What happens to me... sometimes... is that I'll borrow an image by copying, paste it here... and ... bzzzzzt.
Going through the intermediate step of pasting it, say, into PPT, then copying that pasted image and then pasting it here does the trick. :cool:
... and when all else fails, there's always the age-old PrtSc key. :)

1665193321437.png

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What happens to me... sometimes... is that I'll borrow an image by copying, paste it here... and ... bzzzzzt.
Going through the intermediate step of pasting it, say, into PPT, then copying that pasted image and then pasting it here does the trick. :cool:
... and when all else fails, there's always the age-old PrtSc key.
My regimen is to first save the IMAGE (or a screen capture) itself (not the link to it) in a local folder; specifically reserved for ASR stuff, in *.jpg format.
Labeling the image with an abbreviated BUT descriptive filename, helps out the reader as to what the image is about (try hovering your pointer over the image).
Then, during your post, use that "Insert Image" (Ctrl+P) button and point to your own 'reserved' folder.
202210_MHardy6647Example.jpg

Resize as needed!
Common Windows commands like Copy/Paste (Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V) cause problems in BB.
EDIT: All Bets are off, if you are using a phone!

Last edited:

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
the only issue i had with pictures here was a double posting inside the post window happening while drag/dropping files (a single attachement seen bellow, but with a double posting of the pic)

@mhardy6647 instead of the prtsc key, there's a small app in win10/11, called Snipping Tool - you should give it a try ;)

306267e6-253b-df4f-8a77-cc714bb7a149.png

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
My regimen is to first save the IMAGE (or a screen capture) itself (not the link to it) in a local folder; specifically reserved for ASR stuff, in *.jpg format.
Labeling the image with an abbreviated BUT descriptive filename, helps out the reader as to what the image is about (try hovering your pointer over the image).
Then, during your post, use that "Insert Image" (Ctrl+P) button and point to your own 'reserved' folder.
View attachment 235930
Resize as needed!
Common Windows commands like Copy/Paste (Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V) cause problems in BB.
EDIT: All Bets are off, if you are using a phone!
That is why I never post any pics. If it goes beyond pushing the power button to turn on the computer, I'm lost. I am a computer idiot only because they don't have any online classes for the easy stuff that I would want to learn. Like posting pics, getting pics from other sites, etc.

Top Bottom