• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
What-could-it-be.jpg

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
i just whistle and they come..

9619494944f584264bd74b39db541fc1.jpg

nah, been on sick leave all week and got slightly bored

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
An internet connected ball could be paving the way for stay-at-home [aka "separation anxiety"] dogs to keep in touch with their owners.
If you haven't laughed by now, don't bother with the TL&DR below!
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-scotland-59321096
The DogPhone device has been developed by the University of Glasgow and Aalto University in Finland.
When shaken in a certain way the ball can start up a video call and has been pioneered by animal-computer interaction researcher Dr Ilyena Hirskyj-Douglas and her Labrador Zack.
Dr Hirskyj-Douglas said: "What I wanted to do with DogPhone was find a way to turn Zack from a ‘usee’ of technology, where he has no choice or control over how he interacts with devices, into a ‘user’, where he could make active decisions about when, where, and how he placed a call.”
It is hoped the research could go some way to addressing separation anxiety in dogs.
Dr Hirskyj-Douglas said that it was clear that on some occasions Zack displayed some of the behaviours he showed when they were together.

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
An internet connected ball could be paving the way for stay-at-home [aka "separation anxiety"] dogs to keep in touch with their owners.
The DogPhone device has been developed by the University of Glasgow and Aalto University in Finland.
When shaken in a certain way the ball can start up a video call and has been pioneered by animal-computer interaction researcher Dr Ilyena Hirskyj-Douglas and her Labrador Zack.
Dr Hirskyj-Douglas said: "What I wanted to do with DogPhone was find a way to turn Zack from a ‘usee’ of technology, where he has no choice or control over how he interacts with devices, into a ‘user’, where he could make active decisions about when, where, and how he placed a call.”
It is hoped the research could go some way to addressing separation anxiety in dogs.
Dr Hirskyj-Douglas said that it was clear that on some occasions Zack displayed some of the behaviours he showed when they were together.

Didn't I tell you to never call me at work?

jeroboam

I think Dr.Husky - Douglas might be barking up the wrong tree or just barking mad!

Top Bottom