• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

3e Audio SY-DAPx002 TPA3250/TPA3255 DSP Amplifier

Max1

confirm both integrated amp(3250/3255) start from mid of Dec had add these cap as our final solution. and the test data showed in product description page are base on that.
thanks for all these amigos's great feedback(almost this forum) and we will keep improve to make good product.

Hello, mine is a 4ohm version, it was shipped the 17.11.2020, so i presume that i have the old version? I was really surprised to get a hiss. It is not a small one, but a Big Hiss even with the volume on 0, and you cannot listen music at a low volume without earing it at more than 5 metters.. If i knew it before, i would asked you if you could do something for some extra bucks.. At high volume it is pretty good, and i like it.
Maybe now you, or somebody could help me to do something to fix the situation please? I red few possibilities so i am not sure wich one is the best.
If somebody can tell me precisely what and where i can buy the things to improve it, i would really appreciate! I can buy anywhere except USA. If you need more information about my version, i can open it and take a picture.

spacevector

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hello, mine is a 4ohm version, it was shipped the 17.11.2020, so i presume that i have the old version? I was really surprised to get a hiss. It is not a small one, but a Big Hiss even with the volume on 0, and you cannot listen music at a low volume without earing it at more than 5 metters.. If i knew it before, i would asked you if you could do something for some extra bucks.. At high volume it is pretty good, and i like it.
Maybe now you, or somebody could help me to do something to fix the situation please? I red few possibilities so i am not sure wich one is the best.
If somebody can tell me precisely what and where i can buy the things to improve it, i would really appreciate! I can buy anywhere except USA. If you need more information about my version, i can open it and take a picture.
I found this post outlines the op-swap quite well: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...a3250-tpa3255-dsp-amplifier.14315/post-639329

KTN46

Just got mine today! Successfully swapped OPA1612 Op Amps. On my speakers there wasn't much hiss to begin with, but after the swap they're deathly silent. I can still hear the tweeter hiss if I shove my ear up against it

I have 18kohm resistors standing by and I am beginning to build up the courage to solder those tiny things in. The screws at the back though were crossthreaded, and I had to use an impact drill to get one of them out because my screwdriver stripped it so bad.

Can I just clarify @3eaudio, is the 40mm fan a 5V header? Australian summers get pretty hot and I had a spare Noctua fan lying around so I thought I'd swap it in and drill some holes in the case as well, but my fan is a 5V and not a 12V one.

EDIT: Is there also a way of making the volume control logarithmic? It's really dificult to play at low volumes with the way its currently set up.

Last edited:

KTN46

• Built-in 15 Segment LEDs Ring for volume indicating and other UI etc.

Unfortunately, this is useless for now. Because the volume potentiometer uses a linear (not log) curve.
Another cool feature if the LED ring could indicate as a dynamic VU meter.

I have re-created output block with the interpolation linear to log curve. If anyone is interested, I'll share a dspproj file for Sigma Studio.

Hello I was searching around and I saw this post. How does this work exactly? I thought the volume control was analog?

AfterThought

• Built-in 15 Segment LEDs Ring for volume indicating and other UI etc.

Unfortunately, this is useless for now. Because the volume potentiometer uses a linear (not log) curve.
Another cool feature if the LED ring could indicate as a dynamic VU meter.

I have re-created output block with the interpolation linear to log curve. If anyone is interested, I'll share a dspproj file for Sigma Studio.

I'd be interested. I've got a ton of projects going right now, but I'm looking to replace the whole front panel with something....different.

KTN46

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
This seems really interesting, but I'm not sure how I'd do it in the context of this potentiometer in particular... Perhaps @3eaudio can chime in for this one. Would I be able to do this to convert my pot to a logarithmic one? If so, what would I need to solder?
AD's application notes say you should use a linear pot, then do any necessary scaling or conversion in software.
https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/application-notes/AN-951.pdf
https://ez.analog.com/dsp/sigmadsp/...ternal-volume-control-using-gpios-or-aux-adcs

3eaudio

Audio Company
we didn't make log volume control yet,
maybe @molexey can share here? and i can integrated into whole dspproj file for anyone interesting to try.

KTN46

we didn't make log volume control yet,
maybe @molexey can share here? and i can integrated into whole dspproj file for anyone interesting to try.

Hi, I think log volume control would be a really nice addition!

My speakers are very sensitive, so I can only use about 10% of the volume pot until it gets too loud. This makes adjusting very hard.

fsimen

I've read whole thread but didn't find: is there any "easy" way of making SY-DAP2002 switch on automatically on analogue input signal or at least not to switch off to standby? I see there is some kind of firmware "SY-DAP1002-User-EQ-No-ASB-Rev1.1.rar" - what exactly do I need to load it in?

On my version of SY-DAP1002 I rotated the volume knob such the last led in the volume ring is blinking by mistake. The amp does not switch off itself anymore. I don't notice any variation in the music is playing.

KTN46

I understand that the amplifier only works at a frequency of 48 khz?
is it possible to increase it?

This is an amp, not a DAC. You'll get rolloff past 20Hz and 20khz, but flat frequency response between.

If you're suggesting that the amplifier can only amplify signals at 48khz... Well then you have a broken amplifier.

dtn

This is an amp, not a DAC. You'll get rolloff past 20Hz and 20khz, but flat frequency response between.

If you're suggesting that the amplifier can only amplify signals at 48khz... Well then you have a broken amplifier.

does it have a DAC, and is it 48kgts?
fr0.png

Last edited:

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
This is an amp, not a DAC.
This is an ADC, DSP, DAC and amp - the analog input gets digitised, volume control happens in the DSP, then it goes through the DAC to the amp. I haven't checked the sample rate it uses, but 48kHz is a common one.

KTN46

This is an ADC, DSP, DAC and amp - the analog input gets digitised, volume control happens in the DSP, then it goes through the DAC to the amp. I haven't checked the sample rate it uses, but 48kHz is a common one.

Ah, I stand corrected!

OP
N

nodigital

I understand that the amplifier only works at a frequency of 48 khz?
is it possible to increase it?

Its a trade-off with the dsp and the number of instructions per cycle. In theory it samples at up to 192KHz, albeit with not enough instructions to do much useful and definately not enough to run the base dsp project loaded.

1614670211617.png

I guess it could be set at 96Khz which would probably need the default project amending to remove all features from the unlocked section and maybe some from the locked section to get the DSP instructions below 512.

Data Sheet:
Sample Rate. These bits set the number of DSP instructions for every sample and the sample rate at which the ADAU1701 operates. At the default setting of 1×, there are 1024 instructions per audio sample. This setting should be used with sample rates such as 48 kHz and 44.1 kHz. At the 2× setting, the number of instructions per frame is halved to 512 and the ADCs and DACs nominally run at a 96 kHz sample rate. At the 4× setting, there are 256 instructions per cycle and the converters run at a 192 kHz sample rate. SR[1:0] Setting 00 1× (1024 instructions) 01 2× (512 instructions) 10 4× (256 instr)

dtn

Analog Devices Graphical Compiler Tool for Sigma DSP build date = 2008

Done Reading Nodelist ...
Done reading file,
Done Reading Parameter list ...

################## Summary ########################
(Note: Estimates are based on a 48 kHz sample rate)
Number of instructions used (out of a possible 1024 ) = 385
Data RAM used (out of a possible 2048 ) = 157
Parameter RAM used (out of a possible 1024 ) = 45

Top Bottom