• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

3e Audio SY-DAPx002 TPA3250/TPA3255 DSP Amplifier

3eaudio

Audio Company
@KTN46 @somebodyelse

i make a temp for using Log volume control,you can check whether this are more flexible for your application.
please give me email and i can share file with you as here i can not attache files.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
@KTN46 @somebodyelse

i make a temp for using Log volume control,you can check whether this are more flexible for your application.
please give me email and i can share file with you as here i can not attache files.
Thanks for the offer, but I don't have hardware to test it with - including the DSP was interesting, but with this implementation it would need a fair bit of work for my active crossover use case. If anyone has a way to use SigmaStudio with linux I'd be interested - I think it's the driver for a programmer I won't be using that's stopping it working with Wine.

dtn

yes! with default settings, the volume is now adjusted adequately!
previously there were 2 LEDs and volume on TV box, 9 - quietly 10-already loud
now the volume for 12 hours, and from TV boxi, you can smoothly! to regulate

bloqhed

I have all of the hardware necessary to program the DSP via SigmaStudio, I'd like to extend the auto stand-by to an hour or two, can anyone point me where to find this setting in Sigma?

Dreamy

Analog Devices Graphical Compiler Tool for Sigma DSP build date = 2008

Done Reading Nodelist ...
Done reading file,
Done Reading Parameter list ...

################## Summary ########################
(Note: Estimates are based on a 48 kHz sample rate)
Number of instructions used (out of a possible 1024 ) = 385
Data RAM used (out of a possible 2048 ) = 157
Parameter RAM used (out of a possible 1024 ) = 45

Looks OK.
What dspprj file did you use? When I compile the amount of instructions goes above 700?

manokaiser

Hello everyone.
I have ordered the TPA 3255 amplifier from 3eAudio.
I have a few questions, if you'd be so kind to enlighten me.
I would like to ask you if it's possible to bypass the digital section and feed the amplifier direct with an analogue input. Could I just couple the output from my computer at some place in the board and just use the power amp section?
Similarly, would it be possible to bypass the power section andprovide power from an external PSU?
Also, what would I need to program the DSP? I've seen several USBi interfaces mentioned here, do they all work? Or do I need some specific one for this amp?

Thank you in advance!

Best!
Manos.

dtn

Hello everyone.
I have ordered the TPA 3255 amplifier from 3eAudio.
I have a few questions, if you'd be so kind to enlighten me.
I would like to ask you if it's possible to bypass the digital section and feed the amplifier direct with an analogue input. Could I just couple the output from my computer at some place in the board and just use the power amp section?
Similarly, would it be possible to bypass the power section andprovide power from an external PSU?
Also, what would I need to program the DSP? I've seen several USBi interfaces mentioned here, do they all work? Or do I need some specific one for this amp?

Thank you in advance!

Best!
Manos.

for everything that you have listed, this will suit you ))))
https://www.3e-audio.com/amplifier-kits/tpa3255-2ch-260w/

manokaiser

for everything that you have listed, this will suit you ))))
https://www.3e-audio.com/amplifier-kits/tpa3255-2ch-260w/
Well, I've seen this module, but I have already ordered the integrated amplifier.
So, this module is not the answer, maybe for another project.
Nevertheless the questions remain open.
I would like to have the flexibilities.
What I want to do is to program the DSP as a low pass filter to use on a pair of H frame bass extenders, sort of subwoofers, where the input would be the sub out of my main (pre)amplifier.

I would also like to use my computer output to test some equalization and parametric filters made in software.
Thus, I need to bypass the integrated DSP and feed computer signal directly to the power amplifier section.
Is this possible?

Particularly regarding the USBi interface, how can I program it? Is any USBi board OK? Or does it need some particular type?

Finally, regarding PSU power, the unit comes limited to approximately 250w so I'd like to be able to feed it externally if I need to.

Thanks.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
For talking to the DSP any USBi adapter should do the trick, or an i2c connection from from a board such as a Raspberry Pi running SigmaTCP. I guess it's too late to order the one from 3E with the amp now. Some of the options were covered in the first few pages of this thread.

My guess for the other mods is that it should be possible, but if you had the necessary skill you wouldn't need to ask. So far as I know schematics haven't been released, so you'd have to work it out for yourself. Getting between the DSP and the amp should be relatively easy. On the PSU side I get the impression the stm microcontroller might interact with both the amp and psu, so separating things may be tricky.

3eaudio

Audio Company
Well, I've seen this module, but I have already ordered the integrated amplifier.
So, this module is not the answer, maybe for another project.
Nevertheless the questions remain open.
I would like to have the flexibilities.
What I want to do is to program the DSP as a low pass filter to use on a pair of H frame bass extenders, sort of subwoofers, where the input would be the sub out of my main (pre)amplifier.

I would also like to use my computer output to test some equalization and parametric filters made in software.
Thus, I need to bypass the integrated DSP and feed computer signal directly to the power amplifier section.
Is this possible?

Particularly regarding the USBi interface, how can I program it? Is any USBi board OK? Or does it need some particular type?

Finally, regarding PSU power, the unit comes limited to approximately 250w so I'd like to be able to feed it externally if I need to.

Thanks.
this require many change on the board level so we don't suggest you try to do that please.
a separated DSP board will better for you to try,maybe you didn't look at our DSP Board and AMP before?

o1441

Referring to the data sheet:
View attachment 106913
A 6.8 nF capacitor with a 470 Ohm resistor (which is installed) for a 50 kHz corner frequency. With 10 nF we get 34 kHz.

I would install the 6.8 nF cap.
It's work. The noise is gone.
IMG_20210324_235904_023.jpgIMG_20210324_235856_825.jpg

Last edited:

AfterThought

Well, that didn't take long at all...

I've got maybe a total of 6 hours of play out of my amp... And it's developed cracking in the right channel.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? 3e, anything I should try?

manokaiser

Active Filters DSP.jpg

Here is my plan to configure the DSP in order to use it with a pair of Subwoofers.
I have a couple of questions for 3eAudio or anyone that might know and is willing to help.
I would like to be able to control the highlighted Switch just before the output with an external hardware switch.
That would allow me a) to use the amp with the subs and b) I could also bypass the filters with the external switch control to use the amp in other full range applications.

Would that be possible? Are there any hardware pins available on the board that could be implemented for such controls?
Another question is how can we know available resources for controls and filters as highlighted at the bottom right corner?
Thanks!

manokaiser

Sub Filters.jpg

Well I've made a simplified version of it, with a two way switch (yellow highlight), which should be fairly easy to implement with an "Input GPIO Debounce" kind of thing, as I read on the web. Fact is I do not know if it's possible with this amplifier or how to do it if it is possible.

Can anyone help with this please? It's a simple outboard hardware switch to bypass the subwoofer filters and have the amp in full frequency operation. Like a "direct mode".

Also, I have another question, regarding the internal sampling rate frequency (highlighted on the top).
Default is 48KHz, is it OK to use 96KHz sampling for these filters?

Anyone to the resque? 3eAudio, please?

Attachments

• Switch.jpg
    Switch.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
I don't know which, if any, of the inputs are available or exposed. You probably need to look closely at the PCB and the datasheet to see. If none are usable it should be possible to add a small mcu to do the job via the programming interface - there are some HifiBerry docs that have some coverage of doing this on the DAC+DSP and BeoCreate covering this with the expectation that you'll be using a Pi to make the changes, but it should work similarly from other things with an I2C interface. I haven't actually tried it though...

Edit: https://www.hifiberry.com/modify-dsp-registers-on-the-fly/ - covers determining the register used by a control, but uses a tool on the Pi to do the register reads and writes rather than doing it directly. More digging needed to work out how to do it with an arduino or similar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom