• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

3e Audio SY-DAPx002 TPA3250/TPA3255 DSP Amplifier

molexey

no, it from transformer, i check it by spl meter, and it can't be fixed
To be fair, try touching the capacitor with something non-conductive, such as a plastic pen. If this noise is coming form the cap you will notice a change in intensity.

dguillor

Forum Donor
This is an interesting product, except their bluetooth doesn't support the AAC codec for Apple products, bummer.

MickRS

Hi there,

I recently got myself this amp. Connected to some Visaton Coax transmissionline diy speakers. Also upgraded the OpAmps.
Did some measurements in REW and found ou that there's a peak aroud 55hz caused by the room.
Now DSP: one of the reasons I bought this amp is because of its build-in DSP. I want to correct the peak, but I really have no idea how to start with SigmaStudio to achieve this. Is there a manual like SigmaStudio for dummies? Or could someone tell me if theres a simple way to use DSP for this? any advise would be of great help...

attached the measurement of the speakers. The orange line is on listening position and the one I'm looking at to equalise the peak at 55hz.

Attachments

• metingen zonder dsp.jpg
    metingen zonder dsp.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 101

MickRS

ok, few hours later I figured out where the parametric eq. is from 3e and managed to open it in SigmaStudio. As a total noob in DSP I made it as simple as possible. Just countered the measured peak at 56hz with -9db. Also switched the output to Param EQ2. I did this wit the amp connected via the USBi connector that came with the amp. But nothing changed...

So either I need to upload the changes I made, or it just doesnt connect. Any ideas how to make this work?

09.02.2022_17.45.55_REC.png

09.02.2022_17.50.12_REC.png

3eaudio

Audio Company
ok, few hours later I figured out where the parametric eq. is from 3e and managed to open it in SigmaStudio. As a total noob in DSP I made it as simple as possible. Just countered the measured peak at 56hz with -9db. Also switched the output to Param EQ2. I did this wit the amp connected via the USBi connector that came with the amp. But nothing changed...

So either I need to upload the changes I made, or it just doesnt connect. Any ideas how to make this work?

View attachment 185434

View attachment 185436
you need compiler and then download into the DSP.
you should refer to Sigma-studio user guide

MickRS

you need compiler and then download into the DSP.
you should refer to Sigma-studio user guide
Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to understand their user guide, but I dont think I have ever seen a less user friendly guide than this... ;-)
Should be nice if there's a step by step manual for not so computer savvy people like me. But I'll get there.

Anyway, love the amp!

robos

View attachment 185434

View attachment 185436
Hi, first of all. In Sigma studio hardware configuration you have to have something like this
1644473405427.png

Note the green USB, if its not green, it is not connected.

After building your project just hit "Link Compile Download" button
You should see green safeload lines when you change parameters in the capture window at the bottom.
1644473728606.png

MickRS

Ok, made another step. While connected to the amp, I can adjust and change filters etc. on the fly. Took some REW measurements with Sigmastudio connected to the amp and I could clearly measure the adjustments. :) So far, so good. But when I disconnect again, the amp goes back into the default settings, acoording to my measurements.

I tried to use the SigmaStudio user guide, reading about System Implementation, but again after exporting the hex/param/h files, I got lost...
I guess the next step is to download the file to the E2prom, using the IC1-winE2promloader.

10.02.2022_17.51.57_REC.png

10.02.2022_17.47.47_REC.png

So I have the exported files, but I really could use some help with the final step: to download the designed adjustments to the amp/e2prom.

EDIT: after some more searching, I found this on the ADI engeneer zone website:
How do I use the Interface Read / Interface Write and Write-Back Trigger?

Its old, and from what I understand the part about getting the right hex file is now done with the export. So my question is: by using the generated hex file in the IC1-winE2promloader my whole project would be downloaded to the amp?

Last edited:

robos

Ok, made another step. While connected to the amp, I can adjust and change filters etc. on the fly. Took some REW measurements with Sigmastudio connected to the amp and I could clearly measure the adjustments. :) So far, so good. But when I disconnect again, the amp goes back into the default settings, acoording to my measurements.

I tried to use the SigmaStudio user guide, reading about System Implementation, but again after exporting the hex/param/h files, I got lost...
I guess the next step is to download the file to the E2prom, using the IC1-winE2promloader.

View attachment 185687

View attachment 185688

So I have the exported files, but I really could use some help with the final step: to download the designed adjustments to the amp/e2prom.
In Hardware configuration right click the ADAU1701, then click "Write latest compilation to E2PROM". I'm not sure if 3e uses WP (write protect), if yes, you must use jumper/switch/wire to enable EEPROM write. WP must be removed before resetting device, it disables Selfboot (but it depend on implementation).

MickRS

In Hardware configuration right click the ADAU1701, then click "Write latest compilation to E2PROM". I'm not sure if 3e uses WP (write protect), if yes, you must use jumper/switch/wire to enable EEPROM write. WP must be removed before resetting device, it disables Selfboot (but it depend on implementation).
OK, gonna try...

Pygmy

Okay sorry for budging in.. So I have this fancy 3E Audio TPA3255 Finished amplifier in front of me.
I also happen to have the USB interface as I've used 3E Amp boards in projects before.

So I load the "SY-DAP2002-User EQ-Rev1.1" program into SigmaStudio, and I just don't get what's going on there...
Left-In and Right-In get split, one way towards a Param EQ channel, another way towards an Auto EQ channel...?

ovinet

Hello! I have a SY-DAP2002. When I raise volume up (very high output with no audible distorssions) the amplifier goes to standby. My speakers are 4 ohms. Power supply 37V. Is this normal or I have a problem with my unit?

Last edited:

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Hello! I have a SY-DAP2002. When I raise volume up (very high output with no audible distorssions) the amplifier goes to standby. My speakers are 4 ohms. Power supply 37V. Is this normal or I have a problem with my unit?
I don't know if it's normal (don't have the amp) but it wouldn't surprise me. A common comment is that small amps like this usually don't have sufficient heatsinking to sustain high power output. In tests of the similar Aiyima A07 you will see notes about it shutting down during the test, and some temperature measurements from inside the case. Unfortunately they're spread through the thread, but the general conclusion is that it can't sustain more than ~50W without eventually shutting down due to overheating, even with music. At that output the distortion is still low, as you describe, so this may be your problem.

ovinet

Thank you for info. I will check temp. at power amp and voltage dropping at ps, to see if amp is shuting down from overtemp. or ps due to overload. I will write back as soon as I can.

ovinet

Sooo...heatsink is at about 35 degres when it's shuting down, but this is not the problem. Instead...ps drop to about 20V and after that it's shuting down. Realy interesting thing is that ps is at 37,2V until it drop sundenly at 20V for 2-3 seconds and after that...dead. Ps engaged protection mode at about 100w in 4 ohms ( ear measurment the wattage, compared to other amp. Sorry about that.) At least the sound quality for class d is above average.

NEO Dan

What a fun thread :rolleyes:

@3eaudio

So it seems like the ADAU1701 is really held back by the AD/DA converters? Why not expose the I2S inputs and use the I2S outputs to run some PCM5102 DAC's they are pretty low cost? Is this something a user could implement?

What's the deal with op-amps in China, is the supply chain full of fakes? Personally, I could do without the option to swap them if the quality issue could be solved.

It seems like this unit could be made into something really nice with a few tweaks, you could be selling one of these units and additional amps for expansion to make active 2 or 3-way mains and subwoofers. How many pins are left that can be used for I2S inputs and outputs?

mga2009

What a fun thread :rolleyes:

@3eaudio

So it seems like the ADAU1701 is really held back by the AD/DA converters? Why not expose the I2S inputs and use the I2S outputs to run some PCM5102 DAC's they are pretty low cost? Is this something a user could implement?

What's the deal with op-amps in China, is the supply chain full of fakes? Personally, I could do without the option to swap them if the quality issue could be solved.

It seems like this unit could be made into something really nice with a few tweaks, you could be selling one of these units and additional amps for expansion to make active 2 or 3-way mains and subwoofers. How many pins are left that can be used for I2S inputs and outputs?

UPDATE: SORRY, my response was about the standalone DSP from 3E Audio, and not the AMP+DSP combo.

I am not an expert, but I've messed a bit with this DSP.

The 3E Audio DSP has all the I2S exposed, and you can run external DACS and ADC but it's limited by the internal clocks of the DSP.

I've tried the 3E audio DSP with USB to I2S input (running OK), with external I2S DAC (Running OK) and even running 2 DSP in tandem (Runnning OK). What I can not do Is run 2 DSP in tandem with USB input or one DSP with USB input and additional I2S DAC.

So, I am limited by USB input and 4 outputs, bluetooth input and 4 outputs or analog input and 8 outputs.

In any case, the ADC is the real problem. The DACs are not THAT bad. Even now, the price of this DSP is quite good, when it was USD$30 was a steal.

Top Bottom