• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

3e Audio SY-DAPx002 TPA3250/TPA3255 DSP Amplifier

spacevector

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hi All - I am finally starting to play with programming the DSP on this amplifier and running into some issues with connecting to the USB programmer.

I have connected the SCL, SDA, GND pins from the programmer to the amp, have removed jumper J2 and connected the programmer to the computer. I found Cypress drivers and installed for this device.

Some photos and screenshots attached. Any clues? TIA for any help!

1623264598820.png
1623264631758.png
1623264670343.png
1623264706349.png

spacevector

Forum Donor
I managed to get this to work by following instructions from 3e audio to install FreeUSBi drivers (duh). Link: FreeUSBi-Driver-Install-Guide_Rev1.1.pdf

The only DSP project that worked for me was "SY-DAP2002-User EQ-Rev1.1-8ohm-Bypass for test". The others gave me errors (Application Exception) when I tried to Link/Compile/Download.

Next step will be to measure using REW and try to load some bass filters.

Reactions: dtn

dtn

I managed to get this to work by following instructions from 3e audio to install FreeUSBi drivers (duh). Link: FreeUSBi-Driver-Install-Guide_Rev1.1.pdf

The only DSP project that worked for me was "SY-DAP2002-User EQ-Rev1.1-8ohm-Bypass for test". The others gave me errors (Application Exception) when I tried to Link/Compile/Download.

Next step will be to measure using REW and try to load some bass filters.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...a3250-tpa3255-dsp-amplifier.14315/post-646943

spacevector

Forum Donor

Jos

Hello;
I just received the SY-DAP2002 and plan to use it for powering the backchannels of a 5.1 setup. The input signal for the amp is wirelessly send from my surround system to the DAP2002 via a SVS sender/receiver combination. Alternatively I could try setting it up with the build in bluetooth, but for the moment I prefer to use what is already in place.
I was hoping that if I turn on my 5.1 surround system, that the DAP2002 would automatically turn on because a signal on the input would bring it from "standby" to "power on". This unfortunately did not happen. Is there perhaps a way to program this in Sigmastudio?
Probably the easier way: I understood from 3e that a custom firmware update could bring the amp in a "always power on" status. Where can I get this firmware and how do I update the DSP firmware? I have the USBi connecter, so I can communicate with the DSP.
Last but not least: do I need to change any settings to bring it into the "always power on" mode?
Since I use a Logitech Harmony to control my setup, I plan to use a Hue smart plug to turn off the amp when not in use.
thx in advance for your help.

Jos

@3eaudio is it possible to get a project file that disables the auto standby and defaults the amp to on after it is plugged in? I would like to control the operation via a smart switch.
Matthew has the same request obviously.
UPDATE: Looking on the 3eaudio website I found a project file called: SY-DAP2002-User EQ-No ASB-Rev1.1
I guess it means "No Auto Standby" and provides what I was hoping for.
I have updated the eprom with this project via Sigmastudio (https://wiki.analog.com/resources/t...mentenvironment/hardware_windows/e2promwindow)
Not sure if there are any other effects....... Is the EQ still working or is it also bypassed?
It would be nice to have some further explanations around these projects and have some more listed on the 3eaudio website to play with and test it out.
I can now confirm that the result of this No ASB project is that the Amp does not go automatically in standby mode.
However: if you use a smart plug to power on/off the amp; the amp goes always in standby mode when powered on....... So you still have to manually turn it on......and that's what I want to avoid......

Last edited:

MatthewS

Forum Donor
However: if you use a smart plug to power on/off the amp; the amp goes always in standby mode when powered on....... So you still have to manually turn it on......and that's what I want to avoid......

I emailed 3e about this and they indicated that it was not possible to default the amplifier to on with the current design.

EQ should still be bypassed unless you changed the routing when you updated.

I left auto standby on and manually power the amplifier up.

Reactions: Jos

Bushellj

It was me that requested the “No Auto Standby” file back when the amplifier was first introduced as we use it with an Alexa Echo and the amplifier would go into standby between requests to Alexa !! We just leave the amplifier powered up 24/7.

I have now swapped it out for an Aiyima A07 so if anyone in the UK is interested in purchasing my 3e-Audio Integrated Amplifier please PM me.

Reactions: Jos

redsonic

I am very disappointed with the purchase and definitely do not recommend this amplifier
1- constant power supply big noise BZZZZZZ
2- different gain in channels (on 50hz sine)
3- there is no radiator on the amplifier chip
4- no half of the capacitors on pcb
5- firmware closed
6- very non linear volume control
7- poor build quality
IMG_20211201_111256-s.jpg

IMG_20211201_113455-s.jpg

IMG_20211201_113513-s.jpg

IMG_20211201_113536-s.jpg

IMG_20211201_113936-s.jpg

Jos

I cannot confirm your complaints.
None of your arguments can be confirmed besides perhaps the closed firmware.
Zero BZZ
COOLING radiator available
Channels have Same gain
Etc

XOBOT

I recently ordered a 3e audio 3255 as well. I can't imagine what will arrive.

Judging by the pictures - you have 3250 revision 1.1. If I remember correctly, they just removed the radiator. But why the board looks so sparse - I wonder.

I have a question - how bad will the sound be when the input coming from Soundblaster x3 ? SigmaDsp performance is noticeably worse. Is there any way to improve the sound in theory ? I've already bought the op-amps.

molexey

I think this is just a unification of used materials and processes. For example, I have seen two versions of the amplifier with 3 pcs. capacitors ChengX 2200 uF or 6 pcs. Samhwa 1000 uF caps. Anyway total capacity is 6600 uF and that's more than enough for the TPA3250.

For the note. I paid for a SY-DAP1002 Rev.1.0 $102 year ago. Now the SY-DAP1002 Rev.1.1 costs $65 + shipping.

Last edited:

redsonic

yes i found the problem.
i replace all OPAMP and both channels have save volume
when i carefully check left OPAMP and found that one pin N2 is not soldered to pcb.

IMG_20211201_164748-s.jpg

but other problem still exist
Biggest is the noise from psu (+10db)

molexey

but other problem still exist
Biggest is the noise from psu (+10db)
index.php

This noise from the capacitor in a snubber. Noise intensity varies with temperature. As the amplifier (the capacitor) warms up, the noise decreases. This noise also disappears when the power supply goes from active burst mode to normal mode.
You can check it, just load the amp around 2w.

Top Bottom