• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2022 World Cup - Qatar

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Welp, my prediction of Brazil winning the trophy just went out the window.

Ra1zel

Addicted to Fun and Learning
In my unpopular opinion Netherlands is gonna take it all. Watch my words backfire spectacularly in 1 hour.

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
In my unpopular opinion Netherlands is gonna take it all. Watch my words backfire spectacularly in 1 hour.
Popular with me 19 matches undefeated watched every game they’re played. Disciplined and know exactly how to stick to the plan. Would love to see them win it, cheated out of it in 1974 in Munich. No rain for weeks in Munich yet the pitch was saturated, they were the best team not to win the World Cup. People go on about Pele and Maradonna always believed Cruyff was better than both of them. Although if they beat Argentina tonight they have got to face Croatia. Quite a prospect how does Modric do it?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
Nee! Nederland loses in a penalty shootout. :(

Very surprised to see Brazil also bow out, I thought they might win the WC, so well done Croatia.

JSmith

vicenzo_del_paris

Forum Donor
We might end up again with same France - Croatia final as 2018 :)

poxymoron

Neymar is going on Strictly next year, apparently
The right place for him, I cannot believe he didn't step up to take an early penalty. Look at the way Messi stood up to take the first penalty. Proper balls that lad, and I'm not his greatest fan.
But Croatia, 4m population and they can do this consistently, incredible. I'd love to see them win it but I fear the legs won't last long enough.
Looking forward to France vs England tomorrow. If England go at it, and not like their first half against Senegal, it could be a great match. Although with so much at stake it probably won't be.

Ra1zel

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That Holland - Argentina game was brutal. 14 yellow cards and that was just on the pitch. What a rollercoaster of a game.

Got some pre-match nerves kicking in now. If we can beat France tonight we could go all the way...big 'If' though I know.

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
What a night indeed. Still recovering a bit.

I think we could have had them eventually. Gutted for Van Gaal. He is seriously ill, it may have been his last chance, and he has done absolutely everything to make it happen. It wasn’t meant to be.

My feeling is that Argentina may reach the final, but the other finalist (France or England) will be better.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
England's got this mate... it's on;

And that was back when it was 'only' thirty years of hurt...

I said I gave up on them after 2010 - just too many disappointments over so many decades. But can't help getting sucked in again.

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
Well the Lionesses showed you guys the way quite recently. :)

Top Bottom