• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2022 World Cup - Qatar

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
What a night indeed. Still recovering a bit.

I think we could have had them eventually. Gutted for Van Gaal. He is seriously ill, it may have been his last chance, and he has done absolutely everything to make it happen. It wasn’t meant to be.

My feeling is that Argentina may reach the final, but the other finalist (France or England) will be better.
Sorry to see the Netherlands go out and how did Messi avoid getting a yellow card for his blatant and deliberate hand ball? Seen Argentina games a few times and FIFA seem to a point incompetent referees on a regular basis.

Colonel7

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That Holland - Argentina game was brutal. 14 yellow cards and that was just on the pitch. What a rollercoaster of a game.

Got some pre-match nerves kicking in now. If we can beat France tonight we could go all the way...big 'If' though I know.
That referee should never officiate an international match again. That could have been a 4 yellow match (and a red). He was so inconsistent and you could see how frustrated Van Dijk and Messi were.

oceansize

Forum Donor
And Argentina's sportsmanship was disgraceful. Very difficult to shout for them.
Distinct lack of class here...
Fjkd38uX0AQTPh8.jpg

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They have been like that for as long as I can remember.
Argentina thought that the Dutch would just give them the win on a platter after being down 2 goals. Pfft they forget that Van Gaal doesn’t give up till the end with his tactics and he’s a shrewd man who’ll do anything to get a result.

CtheArgie

Forum Donor
And Argentina's sportsmanship was disgraceful. Very difficult to shout for them.
If you knew how much Van Gaal had disrespected Argie players prior to the game and in his histo, if you knew how many times he said he didn’t like Argie players, if you knew how much the Dutch players kept dredging the Argies, maybe then you would understand their reaction.
Van Gaal said that he liked penalties because Messi chokes at them. Etc.

The hands to the ears was in reference to Riquelme, an Argie player that he kicked out of Barcelona and did great in another team.

Di María stated how personally he was criticized by Van Gaal in Man U.

Its Karma now. Sorry, but Van Gaal and his players have to eat the crap they threw out.

CtheArgie

Forum Donor
Argentina thought that the Dutch would just give them the win on a platter after being down 2 goals. Pfft they forget that Van Gaal doesn’t give up till the end with his tactics and he’s a shrewd man who’ll do anything to get a result.
The Dutch gave up in extra time because they were convinced Argentina would choke in the penalty shoot out. Van Gaal dixit

Karma.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m hoping Morocco knocks out Portugal. Seems to be heading that way for now.

Kachda

Forum Donor
Btw, Joao Felix, what a player! Would love to have him at Arsenal

CtheArgie

Forum Donor
Look at the sportsman of Morroco, no sneering at the Portuguese fully deserved to win. Look at the picture oin post 84 tell me if you think it’s acceptable?
Again, karma based on Dutch talk before and during the game.

Do I like it? Obviously not, but the Dutch made their bed.

tuga

Major Contributor
The whistling, first against SPain, now against Portugal, should be banned.

It's unsportsmanlike and annoying, even at home.

Top Bottom