Search results

1. Sprint

Anyone running Genelec set up with 7360 subs via AVR or Pre-processor

Hi Everyone, I am currently running a 5.2 set up with Genelec 8340 as LCR, 8330 as Surrounds. I am using Yamaha CX-A5200 as processor. I just purchased a pair of 7360's to replace my SVS SB-12nsd pair. Source is Apple TV for apple music, youtube music videos, netflix, disney, prime...
  2. Sprint

Genelec Subs for 8340 and 8330 in Mch. Dual 7360 or single 7370

Hi Everyone, I am currently running a 5.2 set up with Genelec 8340 as LCR, 8330 as Surrounds with a pair of SVS SB-12NSD (12inch) subs. I am using Yamaha CX-A5200 as processor. Yamaha does the bass management with crossover set for 85HZ for the monitors. Source is Apple TV for apple music...
  3. Sprint

HDMI Multichannel extractors

Has anyone used an EU available HDMI extractor like this https://www.amazon.de/.../Con.../dp/B08KRHCPD1/ref=sr_1_5... to feed multichannel RCA signal to amplifiers or aktive speakers in surround set up? If yes, what is your experience and how is the sound quality? I have a Apple 4K TV as a...
  4. Sprint

Surround Processor Recommendation for Genelec! Yamaha Vs Denon Vs Canton Smart Connect.

Hello all, Wish you a happy new year! I just sold my Yamaha RX-V775 last week along with passive floor standers Yamaha NS-777 for a decent price. The set up was 7 years old. Now I am looking for a processor to connect to my active speakers of 3 LCR Genelec 8340 and 2 surround 8330 for both...
  5. Sprint

Headphone + DAC + Amp Combo

Hi all, Big fan of ASR and had my living room set up based on learnings from ASR. Currently I own a Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohm driven by FiiO BTR5 DAC + AMP. I am looking to step to the next level. The source is iPad Pro 2021 and MacBook Pro 2021 model. I listen to Apple Music lossless...
  6. Sprint

Wallmount Genelec 8330 for surrounds

I currently have Genelec 8330 speakers that is carrying out the surround duties, with a wall mount. Unfortunately, the current wall mounts have a pretty industry look. Since it is a living room, I want to change to another wall mount or a shelf. Moreover I have a handyman coming this week who...
  7. Sprint

Good EQ for MacOS and IOS (IPAD) to Play Qobuz on Headphones

Hi all, Could you please recommend a good EQ Tool for MacOS (Big Sur) and IoS (IPAD) to play Qobuz/You Tube premium on Headphones? I currently use Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohms and Sony MDR ZX110. I use a Fiio BTR5 purely as a USB DAC. I have not tried the EQ option of BTR5 on IPAD though. On...
  8. Sprint

Subwoofer Correction via MiniDSP DDRC24 DIRAC

Hi all, I am currently using Genelec active monitors 8340 LCR & 8330 in 5.2 set up with 2 SVS 12" sb-12nsd subs run by Yamaha AVR. I am using GLM software in Genelecs for room correction. A few days ago, I started setting up MiniDSP DDRC24 with Dirac Live for subwoofer correction. Since I am...
  9. Sprint

AVR Yamaha users: RX-V775 Settings for Genelec SAM monitors 8340 without EQ

Hi all, I am currently using AVR RX-V775 mainly for movies streamed via Apple 4K TV and use its pre-out for my Genelec active monitors 8340 LCR & 8330 in 5.2 set up with 2 SVS 12" subs. Since I am using GLM software in Genelecs, I do not want to use the EQ of Yamaha AVR and hence I have set...
  10. Sprint

Genelec GLM4 High pass Filter for Speakers set as Large in AVR

I will be measuring my Genelecs and do room correction using GLM4 today. Until now my Genelec 8340 are corrected via GLM3. My Yamaha AVR RXV775 does something strange. When I set speakers to large and choose extra bass, I get more information into Genelec monitors when compared to setting the...
  11. Sprint

Cheap Streamer for Hi-Res music from Qobuz

Hi all, Need recommendation for a cheap streamer. Currently I have Genelec SAM active monitors for LCR and 2 SVS 12-nsd subs run by AVR Yamaha RX-V775. Apart from Netflix, Disney + movies streaming from Apple 4K TV, I listen to Apple Music for 2ch music. Now I want to venture into Hi-Res audio...
  12. Sprint

Non-Genelec subwoofers with Genelec SAM Monitors

Hi ASR experts, Currently I have Genelec surround set up 8340 and 8330 measured by GLM, with 2 SVS SB-12 NSD subs run by Yamaha RX-V775. My Yamahas and SVS subs were brought in 2014. The YPAO does a mediocre job in sub integration especially for 2 channel music. Movies are still fine. Ofcourse...
  13. Sprint

Denon AVR x3700H Bass Management and Integration

Hi ASR experts, Currently I have Genelec surround set up 8340 and 8330 measured by GLM, with 2 SVS SB-12 NSD subs run by Yamaha RX-V775. My Yamahas and SVS subs were brought in 2014. The YPAO does a mediocre job in sub integration especially for 2 channel music. Movies are still fine. Ofcourse...
  14. Sprint

Denon AVR-X3700H Vs existing Yamaha AVR

Hi all, I'm currently using a 7 year old Yamaha RVX-V775 AVR pre-outs for my Genelecs 8340 as LCR and surrounds. Room correction is via GLM. I use 2 SVS Subwoofers SB-12NSD with Bass Management provided by Yamaha. I am not sure if my subwoofers are properly corrected by Yamaha. During the next...
  15. Sprint

HIDIZS S8 Vs Fiio BTR5/ Tempotec Sonata HD Pro

Dear all, Which one is better HIDIZS S8 or Fiio BTR5? Has anyone has both? What do you prefer and why? I want to use it for my Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohm headphones and Tin T4 or TRN BA5 IEMs. Amir has measure HIDIZS (DAC CS 43131) and gave an excellent review. But BTR5 (DAC ES9218) has...
  16. Sprint

IOTAVX AVX1 Vs Yamaha CX-5100

I currently have Genelec 8340 as LCR, 8330 as surrounds run with 2 SVS subs and a AVR Yamaha RX-V775. I use the pre-outs of my Yamaha using XLR-RCA cable. Though it is working good, I want to go for a cleaner set up with a AV processor with XLR or AES/EBU out with a decent bass management (for...
  17. Sprint

HDMI Switch for Genelecs

Hi all, I have Genelecs 8340 as LCR and 8330 as surrounds with 2 SVS subs. DRC is via GLM. I only use Apple 4K TV. I want to replace my AVR with a simple switch like this https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/cheap-hdmi-switch-extractor.10257/#post-432112 but with two HDMI...
  18. Sprint

GLM Vs Dirac Vs ARC

Which one is better?
  19. Sprint

Genelec 8340

Dear all, thanks to ASR members that I finally pulled the trigger to go for Genelec 8340 as LCR and 8330 as surround to test in my living room for a hifi set up. Please see attached pictures. I am still awaiting one more 8340 to be delivered (Finnland will take another 4-5 weeks). I will...
  20. Sprint

Recommendation: Adam S3V vs JBL LSR 708P

Have any of you did A/B listening comparison between Adam S3V and LSR 708? Which one is good? I have room with limited room treatments but cannot do further due to WAF. The set up if for 50-50 music/films. Option 1: LCR S3V/S3H and surround S2V. 2 existing SVS subwoofer Option 2: LR 708P...
Top Bottom