• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wallmount Genelec 8330 for surrounds

Sprint

Forum Donor
I currently have Genelec 8330 speakers that is carrying out the surround duties, with a wall mount. Unfortunately, the current wall mounts have a pretty industry look. Since it is a living room, I want to change to another wall mount or a shelf. Moreover I have a handyman coming this week who will cut the wall and hide the cables. Currently, my wall mount looks like in the images. The overall current set up in my living room looks like this.

I have the following options:

Option 1: Use another Genelec wall mount that looks little discrete and smaller. I cannot angle the speaker too much as they are bit smaller but I should be easily able to get at least the current angling that I have with my current wall mount.

1628457810227.png

Option 2: Use a cube shelf like these. It looks good but on angling the sound my get reflected on the walls of these shelves and if I have to avoid these refections, I have to place it forward of the shelf but then there is a fear that someone may knock off the speaker from the shelf.

Option 3: Use a flat wall shelf like these. I can angle the speakers however I want. But there is always a fear that someone may knock it down.

For best acoustic results, I like option 1 and 3. My wife prefers option 2. Do you think option 2 will also be ok from a acoustic point of view?

Attachments

• IMG_7188.jpg
    IMG_7188.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_7189.jpg
    IMG_7189.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 418

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The "cube" type shelving might cause the bass to be affected with that rear fire porting?

Top Bottom