• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophile Word Salad

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Of course SOTA reference gear then was something an average PhD likely could afford. Now I think you need to be a venture capitalist or banker or something.
Affordability was and is a difficult and complex issue. What has definitely changed is that the definition of SOTA has been corrupted by the rise of boutique products that are super expensive but may or may not be any more SOTA than less, but still, expensive products. Personally, I do not feel left out by not being able to afford the most expensive.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
6. Greyish Pallor

"What started out unrecognizably muddy, homogenous, stale, flat and compacted now had unzipped and unfolded into three dimensions. Overhead stage lights illuminated the front/back perspective with clearly sorted distances. The stuff between sounds was gone to separate them, not bind them up like a 10-car accident. The greyish pallor had lifted to display proper colours."

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/titanaudio/3.html

Are these guys kinesthetics synesthetics, that see sounds as colors?

Or is it all just one giant trolling?

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
6. Greyish Pallor

"What started out unrecognizably muddy, homogenous, stale, flat and compacted now had unzipped and unfolded into three dimensions. Overhead stage lights illuminated the front/back perspective with clearly sorted distances. The stuff between sounds was gone to separate them, not bind them up like a 10-car accident. The greyish pallor had lifted to display proper colours."

Are these guys kinesthetics, that see sounds as colors?

Translated from synesthetics to kinesthetics.

What started out as a stiff, constipated, flaccid condition unfolded into effortless easy movement in three dimensions. The arthritic condition had lifted to feel like a highly tuned cat able to pounce upon its prey with effortless mindless athletic abandon.

Or something like that. Sorry, a little fun at your expense watchnerd. :)

Six moons has really good pictures and tons of this writing that sounds wonderful reading it and then you wonder if it can really mean anything after you have read it.

Wombat

Master Contributor
6. Greyish Pallor

Are these guys kinesthetics, that see sounds as colors?

Greyish Pallor : Audiophile clinical depression - lifted by subjectivism?

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Six moons has really good pictures and tons of this writing that sounds wonderful reading it and then you wonder if it can really mean anything after you have read it.

Real audio reviewing seems incredibly tedious, but just writing random stuff like 6 Moons does seems a lot more fun.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Well, I was worried for a while, but given that I love both dark chocolate and ice cream, I can now sleep well knowing my audiophile club card is intact.

Top Bottom