• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 282 59.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 174 36.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

Dave Bullet

The thing is, all feedback can be spun. You can absorb perceived punch, or you can direct the energy. the latter is less tiring and can be turned into a positive.

"It's not linear" -> "That's the sound profile my customers prefer and in a number of listening tests with them"
"There are impedance resonances" -> "They weren't audible to my test audience and do not materially affect my measurements to put extra cost onto the consumers to resolve for no benefit"
"It's not 95dB sensitive" -> "Depending on listening position and front wall placement, this ameliorates any discrepancies, plus they are tube amp friendly"

Not hard to do... :)

mglobe

Forum Donor
I don't see how anyone can really "win" this, not anyone have gained anything from this whole thing. But if there is any kind of winners here it's definitely not Eric from the looks of almost everyones reactions to this, so I don't see what good it can do to continue this since that guy will NEVER admit he's wrong.
Totally agree. There’s a 100% chance that another review of a Tekton speaker will end up with the exact same result in terms of interaction with EA as we’ve seen with these two reviews? Why continue it? If your objective is to shine a particular light on EA, that’s already happened. Can’t help but think about the “definition” of insanity being repeating the same behavior and expecting a different outcome.

Jaxjax

I know Henry, and have played his Dumbles. The crystal lattice is real!
I always dream to stumble upon one I can afford...It will never happen unless someone makes a mistake & I would probably tell them of it & still would have one..lol For now I just listen to Joe Bonamassa play his..

Ken1951

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I thought that was where the aliens kept records of all their abductee probes.
1713318427184.jpeg

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Totally agree. There’s a 100% chance that another review of a Tekton speaker will end up with the exact same result in terms of interaction with EA as we’ve seen with these two reviews? Why continue it? If your objective is to shine a particular light on EA, that’s already happened. Can’t help but think about the “definition” of insanity being repeating the same behavior and expecting a different outcome.
EA is Erin's Audio Corner?

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just for the record, if someone sent Amir or Erin or anyone else Tekton speakers to review, that review is then by definition SOLICITED.
Agreed. Furthermore, even if it's "unsolicited," so what? Unless there is an NDA signed by the person who purchased such speaker, agreeing to not send said speaker in for a review, any rightful owner of said speaker can do whatever the hell they want with it so long it's within the law. There are no law against anyone sending something they own to be reviewed by anyone.

Karmacoma

Forum Donor
In this thread, lot of talking on valid points certainly, from OUR point of view.

But...

Is it still possible for an independant reviewer to make an honest Tekton review without receiving threats?

Erin won't get close to a Tekton anymore, Amir probably won't touch one with a stick neither in the future, understandably.

So basically EA will get what he's looking for (erm i mean apart from this thread of course ), which is full control on the depiction of his products. L'Omerta. He already won and we all loathe that fact.

EA arguments do not matter, they're just as disjointed as their creator. It's what he's trying to pull on all of us that does.
We shouldn't engage with him as we would with an honest manufacturer, we're way passed the principle of charity, he should be treated just like a bully.
Somehow his threats are overall pretty vague, next thing one should confront him with is to be specific on what he means with his threats, what legal arguments he would present for his ''cause'', and keep him on this only subject: since that's the way he chose to shine, let him shine.
That would be my angle.

On the somewhat positive side, I think the reason he lashed out on Amir and Erin is because they are both experienced, methodical, analytical and set their arguments skillfully for everyone to judge.
What does he have against that? Nothing pretty I'm afraid.

PS: sry for my approximate english , I try hard. Will donate in case of litigation.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
So basically EA will get what he's looking for (erm i mean apart from this thread of course ), which is full control on the depiction of his products. L'Omerta. He already won and we all loathe that fact.
Yep, that was my conclusion as well.

Chances are that if Amir reviewed another model again he would likely contact Eric A before publishing (as he often does when he finds something wrong).
We won't really know until someone sends in their Tekton speaker or Amir openly states that he won't measure any Tekton speakers ever again (I don't think that is @amirm 's style though)

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The fact that you didn't simply call him or engage constructively to get the review corrected (as many others have), is very revealing. You are of course, under no obligation to manage your affairs like a commerce-savvy adult, but you could certainly have made that choice.
Standing by this comment, dated April 6.

LOL.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Chances are that if Amir reviewed another model again he would likely contact Eric A before publishing (as he often does when he finds something wrong).
My predicted response if that ever happens:

EA: That is wrong, it doesn't match my measurements and I'll "litigate" if you publish.
A: What? You'll ask my lawyer to discuss with yours?
EA: No, I'll "litigate" and by then it'll be too late.
A: OK, send me your measurements so we can discuss, understand and resolve any differences
EA: No
A: Publish
EA: Detonation.

:cool:

Better to just publish and be damned.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yep, that was my conclusion as well.

We won't really know until someone sends in their Tekton speaker or Amir openly states that he won't measure any Tekton speakers ever again (I don't think that is @amirm 's style though)
Historically Amir has contacted the manufacturer if it was the manufacturer who sent in the product . To discuss the results beforehand.

If any member sent in a product he has not contacted the manufacturer . Why should he ? We can send any old discontinued stuff :) or newly bought stuff . Or out of warranty stuff ? etc etc .

Top Bottom