• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 280 58.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 174 36.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

teched58

I've obtained this exclusive picture of Eric Alexander in the TekTon Design Control Room, as he struggles to keep up with the flood of social media posts condemning his online behavior, while he simultaneously conference calls with his sock puppets to direct their responses.

If you stand in the hallway, you can hear a voice loudly yelling: "I insist, I insist, I insist."

man-tv-station-control-room-160139862_prevstill.jpeg

Last edited:

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
I will gladly contribute to fund that purchase but agree with the prior commenter that Amir should be on board with the model, just from testing logistics perspective.

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I am not sure reviewing more of his speakers is a great idea.

From what I have seen, they tend to measure okay on-axis, at least. Let's not forget nobody really said these are horrible-sounding speakers.

So if Amir reviews another one, what is likely to happen - the review makes the speaker look good in certain ways, and might even help Tekton's sales.

At the same time, it will just cause Eric to threaten / complain / badger more, regardless of what the measurements show.

Likewise, no matter what Amir's subjective review of the speaker is, people will tend to interpret it badly. If he says something good, people might think Eric intimidated him. If he says something bad, they'll assume it's because of the bad blood between them and Amir is failing to be objective.

So reviewing more of his speakers will just cause trouble for Amir / ASR, and it might just be rewarding bad behavior, which is something I personally try not to do.

Imo I think he or someone else should because Imo, what Eric is trying to do is intimidate people into never reviewing his speakers again. And that tactic basically worked with Erin.

If they measure well then they measure well, if they don't they don't.

squeedle

Think of it as as spending money to enlighten certain segments of the audio industry & enthusiasts.
But as you can see it doesn't actually work out that way. No matter what facts are provided, his reply is still "I know you are but what am I?"

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I will gladly contribute to fund that purchase but agree with the prior commenter that Amir should be on board with the model, just from testing logistics perspective.

The model, and all the options. Some have several choices between zero, two or full Be upgraded tweeter packages, and a couple of different crossover options.

So, what version should be representative?

He's got dozens of speaker iterations, but I'm sure there's no problem because he has publicly committed to providing graphs for all speakers going forward.

I would like to see his speaker measurement rig. Given the rhetoric, it's gotta be handy.

If he is going to be arguing against the data provided by current state of the art measuring equipment, it would be good to see his setup and methodology. If you want to argue data with engineers, you need to come with more than a dull crayon.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I am not sure reviewing more of his speakers is a great idea.
That is not what it’s about: it’s about the freedom do just do this whenever we please, and publish the data and interpretations in whichever way we like.
From what I have seen, they tend to measure okay on-axis, at least. Let's not forget nobody really said these are horrible-sounding speakers.
Fine.
So if Amir reviews another one, what is likely to happen - the review makes the speaker look good in certain ways, and might even help Tekton's sales.
After all this, I very much doubt that. But if it’s good, it’s good… why hide that fact?
At the same time, it will just cause Eric to threaten / complain / badger more, regardless of what the measurements show.
Maybe, but that should not be the reason to no longer review a product, because that is exactly what he wants!
Likewise, no matter what Amir's subjective review of the speaker is, people will tend to interpret it badly. If he says something good, people might think Eric intimidated him. If he says something bad, they'll assume it's because of the bad blood between them and Amir is failing to be objective.
Whatever…, let people decide for themselves based on all the available information. Judging by all these topics, people are better at reading people than reading spinoramas ;)
So reviewing more of his speakers will just cause trouble for Amir / ASR, and it might just be rewarding bad behavior, which is something I personally try not to do.
No, on the contrary: ignoring Tekton will do just that. Eric wants us to shut up and never mention him of his brand ever again. Then he can just continue like he always did. That is bad for the industry and worse for the consumer.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
He said he would review and measure another Tekton few posts back. Of course, he will do fairly as he always does.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The Double Impacts are 118 pounds, and that's a lot of weight to hoist up onto the Klippel's stand.
Ouch! Any donations needs to fund a couple of people to help move it!

Talisman

Forum Donor
I wouldn't want to give a single shilling to that individual, but I agree that the reasons for reviewing are in my view much greater than those for not doing so.
We don't review to promote or demolish a producer but to provide a service to the community, if they measure well it's fine, if they measure badly at least we'll know, what would be a defeat for the soul of a site like asr would be to no longer review products for afraid of repercussions, which is what Eric apparently wants.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm will correct me if I'm wrong but I assume he has the crane.
I don't have a crane. I have mechanized lift. That lets me crank the speaker up to Klippel stand but it still needs people to push it onto that stand. Just unpacking a speaker often requires lifting the whole thing so non trivial to do.

The spec for the Klippel stand is safely ignored. :) I have measured 100 pound speakers on it. The concern is that it can tilt not that it can't take the vertical weight.

BTW, I have designed a crane system but I am worried about lifting a speaker with ropes and moving it around. The cabinet could be damaged and the thing could slip out. Still, I will probably install one one day if I can figure out how to get ready help to handle such heavy speakers.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't have a crane. I have mechanized lift. That lets me crank the speaker up to Klippel stand but it still needs people to push it onto that stand. Just unpacking a speaker often requires lifting the whole thing so non trivial to do.

The spec for the Klippel stand is safely ignored. :) I have measured 100 pound speakers on it. The concern is that it can tilt not that it can't take the vertical weight.

BTW, I have designed a crane system but I am worried about lifting a speaker with ropes and moving it around. The cabinet could be damaged and the thing could slip out. Still, I will probably install one one day if I can figure out how to get ready help to handle such heavy speakers.
I know you are a engineer, can manage a crane just fine and have knowledge of the parameters of the systems approach to crane operation but don't hurt yourself! If you go down then what? :D

holdingpants01

Forum Donor
If there are any doubts about giving him money, why not just go for a second hand unit? It'll come up sooner or later (probably sooner). Other options are buying a single speaker, or returning them after the measurements (based on failing to achieve the marketing claims which I'm sure will happen)

Danny23

I know some might not like this idea, but we could buy used. It’d be a way of not adding to his sales, and it’d be more economical. It’d also reinforce our right to review previously-owned/played equipment. There are obvious downsides going this route though.

Danny23

If there are any doubts about giving him money, why not just go for a second hand unit? It'll come up sooner or later (probably sooner). Other options are buying a single speaker, or returning them after the measurements (based on failing to achieve the marketing claims which I'm sure will happen)
Great minds think alike.

Everett T

Forum Donor
When did childish, petulant remarks become worthwhile commentary?

Jim
I'm guessing that they are emotional about their speakers after not being able to understand the measurements. Let's just keep this simple, the horizontal function is somewhat manageable, as long as the feet are in, lol. See, feelings are easily stroked.

DLS79

Forum Donor

I think this guy made a way bigger deal out of it than it needed to be, but this type of crane would probably be ideal for you.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom