• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

O-Noorus D1 - TPA3255 PFFB Stereo Amplifier - Front Display, Tone Control (with bypass) and Remote

Alexander Lin

似乎以相当低的价格塞满了很多东西,所以我很好奇它的性能是否会引人注目,它会做其他 PFFB 放大器可以做的事情吗?

关于那些 RCA 输入,是取自旧的 VHS 吗?黄色是过去标准的视频输入颜色。

这可能没什么,但前面的那些大数字是别名的,BP、T&B 和亮度与其他数字并不一致。因此,这不是该物品的实际照片,这表明这不是您将获得的最终产品,但当然它也可能什么都不是。我只是对锯齿特别敏感,所以我不能忽视它:D
其余的图片看起来很真实:)
View attachment 363290

Attachments

• 正图.jpg
    正图.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 28
OP
Guddu

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
>> RCA plug color correction
Update
: This will be updated to standard "Right In (Red) + Left In (White)" in next batch

>> SubWoofer Cut Off
Update: Its fixed 80 Hz

1713015771584.png

>> Pre-Out and SubWoofer Volume Control
Update
: SW & Pre-Out is controlled by amplifier volume

>> Amplifier Modes:
T&B = Tone Control enabled, Treble & Bass
BP = ByPass

1713015906568.png

>> D1 Colors
Update
: Red case for now, but Blue will be available in future

daniboun

Major Contributor
Spoke with the manufacturer.... They shipped the D3 to ASR but they never measured it... Dont ask me why.

D1 should be measured asap here... Let s wait

OP
Guddu

Guddu

I tried to look but apparently this item is unavailable in the UK, is there a reason for this?
I think they are working on global availability, can't say how long it may take.

Bleib

Major Contributor
>> RCA plug color correction
Update
: This will be updated to standard "Right In (Red) + Left In (White)" in next batch

>> SubWoofer Cut Off
Update: Its fixed 80 Hz

View attachment 363492

>> Pre-Out and SubWoofer Volume Control
Update
: SW & Pre-Out is controlled by amplifier volume

>> Amplifier Modes:
T&B = Tone Control enabled, Treble & Bass
BP = ByPass

View attachment 363493

>> D1 Colors
Update
: Red case for now, but Blue will be available in future
Was there a complete screen off for D1 unlike D3?

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Was there a complete screen off for D1 unlike D3?
On D1
Setting screen brightness to A4 will have 10 sec screen off operation by default.
Changing any settings, like vol or anything will wake the screen display up again.

Bleib

Major Contributor
On D1
Setting screen brightness to A4 will have 10 sec screen off operation by default.
Changing any settings, like vol or anything will wake the screen display up again.
Excellent, just like how D3 should have functioned.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
yeah there's some minor QoL issues that should be fixed... the lack of a complete dimmer after 10 secs is one

this one should have some kind of trigger... i mean not a hard 12v trigger but some way it autodetects a signal from the upstream dac or preamp?

Alexander Lin

yeah there's some minor QoL issues that should be fixed... the lack of a complete dimmer after 10 secs is one

this one should have some kind of trigger... i mean not a hard 12v trigger but some way it autodetects a signal from the upstream dac or preamp?
Detect the change of the potentiometer, or the remote control signal is triggered, and the screen lights up again.

daniboun

Major Contributor
PSU 36V 5A optional..... $109
Should make sense for a TPA3251 but here.....
Between the absence of balanced inputs and this second negative point.... I pass my turn.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

PSU 36V 5A optional..... $109
Should make sense for a TPA3251 but here.....
Between the absence of balanced inputs and this second negative point.... I pass my turn.

Let me put together how I look at this product.
As usual, I look at this product for what it is rather than what it isn't.

I totally understand what you said, but I see a quite good looking 82$ finished amplifier with TPA3255 PFFB implementation. This is priced more or less similar to other non-PFFB amplifier, kind of no premium charged for PFFB.

82$ for finished amplifier, no PSU
100$ for finished amplifier with PSU

It doesn't have balanced inputs, I totally get it. Believe me or not, people using balanced chain don't even bother to look at sub-100$ thing, there isn't even any balanced output source or DAC available under 100$.
There isn't even "just PFFB implemented" boards available for this price, or at least I haven't come across yet.

Is this amplifier priced higher than it should be? - not in my view.
If anything, it even has a few extra things that could be desirable:
- Tone Controls if you need, and bypass if not needed
- Digital display if you need, and auto off so it doesn't annoy
- A remote control, use it if you need or don't
- This amplifier is giving an option to get a PFFB implemented amplifier, that almost everyone wants to get now because of some reason, you have it if you want or just simply don't bother

I haven't seen this product yet, don't know how would it perform but spects look good to me for what it is and how it is priced.

For a low cost setup => SMSL PS100 30$ => HDMI/Optical ARC DAC => Don't think it can get any better!

Last edited:

daniboun

Major Contributor
There isn't even "just PFFB implemented" boards available for this price, or at least I haven't come across yet.

Let s wait how it performs... I wish Amir could measure it....

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
also you will find the competiton products are creeping up in price... AND/OR troubled by teething issues

i would personally be ok with a more spartan product... like lose the bass treble, but i beleive that is a 'free' njw1194 feature???

the display is kind an extra frill for what is basically a single input device

you will be forced to pair it with some kind of remote dac so you end up with two remotes basically

the price is more than acceptable given the value add and you can always wait for 11/11

i expect stereo PFFB units to creep up to $150 especially if you throw in XLR... that's just the way this global economy is going

i dont think i can even fill the fuel tank of my car for $100 any more lol

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Let s wait how it performs... I wish Amir could measure it....
I should have added...... I am not expecting any break through measurements or something. We already know where these TPA3255 amps land in general unless a broken product.
It would be nice to see the measurements, but don't really know what to expect and what I really get now out of these TPA3255 measurements.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

i would personally be ok with a more spartan product... like lose the bass treble, but i beleive that is a 'free' njw1194 feature???

the display is kind an extra frill for what is basically a single input device
The thing with frills, bells & whistles is that many just desire and wish for those even if needed or not.

you will be forced to pair it with some kind of remote dac so you end up with two remotes basically

Its all about the used case, a DAC without remote like SMSL PS100 that has HDMI ARC, SPDIF & USB inputs can get benefit out of it.
Some may care, many won't.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
It doesn't have balanced inputs, I totally get it. Believe me or not, people using balanced chain don't even bother to look at sub-100$ thing, there isn't even any balanced output source or DAC available under 100$.
I suppose I must not exist then. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...d-measurements-of-hifiberry-dac-pro-xlr.8569/ for £60 is the first that springs to mind. I spent a bit more (but still 2 figures) on used interfaces, and would certainly look at amps in the same ballpark, although I probably have too many already.

Top Bottom