• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 47 14.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 271 82.4%

• Total voters

Beave

Major Contributor

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Who the hell voted "poor"??

Graphs look well optimized. Really curious to hear how they perform IRL. Too bad they're impossible to audition here in Europe, so the chance of me ever hearing a pair is zero.

Penelinfi

Graphs look well optimized. Really curious to hear how they perform IRL. Too bad they're impossible to audition here in Europe, so the chance of me ever hearing a pair is zero.
It's never Zero lol
At least while you're alive

Vict0r

It's never Zero lol
At least while you're alive
Hahaha, fair enough. I was being a bit dramatic, I suppose. Still... Would love to hear what these sound like in the real world.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I find the LX interesting due to its high power handling for a stand mount.

Bleib

Major Contributor

I've known some people who just hate speakers that are not efficient, the sensitivity is not exactly high..

Livnmuskoka

I've known some people who just hate speakers that are not efficient, the sensitivity is not exactly high..

Then those people need to build us some small, very accurate, and high sensitivity speakers with good bass output...

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I hope to get a chance to hear a pair myself. Based on measured performance vs price, this could be my go-to recommendation for bookshelf speakers, although I have to hear it first beforehand.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
No apology needed since that is not true. :) Here are the latest stats:

index.php

We dwarf traditional press and compete for top spot for the most popular audio site in the world.
I find it quite a surprise that Steve Hoffman is so big. I just went and took a look after being absent for 4 or 5 years. It's real heavy on vinyl but otherwise seems to lack a focus.

Labjr

Major Contributor
I find it quite a surprise that Steve Hoffman is so big. I just went and took a look after being absent for 4 or 5 years. It's real heavy on vinyl but otherwise seems to lack a focus.

I'm also surprised that forum is still so popular. Loyalty I guess. I was into his CD remasterings pre-internet age and happy someone was trying to do a better job.

WillBrink

When you factor in the price and the looks, seems it must be on any short list if it's in line with a small bookshelf goals. I too would be interested in the larger version and or the ribbon tweeter version.

Ken1951

It's a cray-cray place. Absolute ban on anything even remotely related to DBT, and they're tube-crazy, cable believers, and ultra-ultra subjectivists who almost totally despise ASR.

WillBrink

It's a cray-cray place. Absolute ban on anything even remotely related to DBT, and they're tube-crazy, cable believers, and ultra-ultra subjectivists who almost totally despise ASR.
Many (most?) audiophiles are anti science without even knowing it.

Top Bottom