• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 94 20.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 351 76.0%

• Total voters

daniboun

Major Contributor
I someone wants stereo,get a Modushop 2U case with heatshinks and bolt each of the monos on each heatshink .
You can also hide the bricks in there.

Win-win :p

LOL.... get a dual Mono 3E Audio instead best Sinad )

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
Just read this from the company in their message to me when the amp was sent:

"We'll provide a bundle including two V3 mono amps and a 48V/10A psu for no more than 260USD. That single 48V/10A psu can power the two sets of v3 mono simultaneously."
Can this be right? For $260 we can now buy a stereo power amp that outperforms the vast majority of amps ever made, many costing well into the thousands of $/£? Seems too good to be true!

Tell

It is you that is pretending to know something. Read your post if you need to. So tell me why would you not get a monoblock?
No I'm not pretending anything, I'm asking because I'm curious, and then you are saying something about something that is occurring with mono blocks. I really have no idea what you are talking about.
It’s cheaper than the stereo alternatives with similar performance at a similar price, perhaps?
Yeah sure, that would be a reason.

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Lucky dude!

Looks like the early bird discount form has disappeared from the link given by Fosi.

Does this mean the current production run is (1) already oversubscribed based on early bird responses; (2) there will be no Kickstarter options; (3) going by the ZA3 pre-order history there will be a looo . . . . . ng wait for the next batch to become available ???
I just checked and the button for the form is still there on the page.

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Lucky dude!

Looks like the early bird discount form has disappeared from the link given by Fosi.

Does this mean the current production run is (1) already oversubscribed based on early bird responses; (2) there will be no Kickstarter options; (3) going by the ZA3 pre-order history there will be a looo . . . . . ng wait for the next batch to become available ???
Worth trying a different browser!

Hipster Doofus

Forum Donor
These amps are so small that stacking them to get stereo is no big deal.
Just duct tape them to the back of your speakers.
IMG_0194.png

Ze Frog

Just signed up, I'll be taking two of these.

Was originally going to go with a hypex based amplifier, but looking at the review here and the internals etc on the Fosi website I see no point spending more on anything else. What an absolute steal.

Fleuch

Just found out why, the iPad shows a different version of the page concerned, there are problems with layout and some sections are missing - loaded on the Mac and everything was there… something to check @Fosi Audio ?

View attachment 360826

Something to do with the browser flavour - Chrome fails to display the Fosi home page and other pages correctly (at least on this laptop!); Firefox + its derivatives seem to show all pages correctly but still missing the early bird discount link !!

However, using Firefox on an Android tablet both the "early bird discount form" and the "support us on Kickstarter (Pending)" tabs were showing. Not confident that the discount form was actually sent, or maybe sent several times.

Obviously a difference between mobile and PC web pages but please sort out these software bugs!!

ViperDom

Why are people asking for a Stereo version?
I thought the original FOSI Audio V3 (STEREO) is what prompted people to ask for a Mono Amp version. Here it is.
If you want Stereo go for the original V3 which also gives you a sub-out.
Am i missing something?

Ze Frog

Why are people asking for a Stereo version?
I thought the original FOSI Audio V3 (STEREO) is what prompted people to ask for a Mono Amp version. Here it is.
If you want Stereo go for the original V3 which also gives you a sub-out.
Am i missing something?

Yeah, had me confused as well. Maybe they are referring to PFFB.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Yes. The main interesting thing is the power level of each amp. Do they stay very close to spec?

From ASR :
@the knee power@4R = 192W
@the knee power@8R = 98W
@1% THD power @ 4R = 243W

From manufacturer :
some info are missing...

1712069953667.png

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
I know this review is incredibly popular and it is pretty amazing what Fosi has achieved here. I get it. We’re all excited about this little amp with the big attitude.

But please people this is an official review thread. We need to keep the conversation rooted in the product reviewed and the test bench results. So please try your very best to stay focused while not loosing your sh_t about this amp. Stay focused Shipmates and take these side comparisons conversations to separate threads. We ask kindly now. Later when some of you don’t listen we bring in Mike Tyson to help us maintain a semblance of order.

:cool:

daniboun

Major Contributor
Yeah, had me confused as well. Maybe they are referring to PFFB.

Yes, we are speaking about a V3 PFFB Stereo version.
It should be understood that all future TPA3255 amps will include this implementation. It makes sense)

Joachim Herbert

Forum Donor
It is really a pitty that I have no need whatsoever for a cheap, small amplifier.

Although I went active years ago I consider buying a set to complement the Aiyima A07 max which I do not use either.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Lucky dude!

It was there for me - just filled it in:
Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 16.25.00.png

Top Bottom