• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A07 Max Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 32 12.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 118 46.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 80 31.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 22 8.7%

• Total voters

KaeliKoo

Did you buy it on Amazon?
Ordered 2 A07 Max from Aiyima direct on 12/29 and arrived today 01/05 - pretty surprised! Wasn't sure if the "smaller than Fosi" 48V PS would be up to task, but those doubts seem removed. Initial impression is very good - have a V3 to compare with some subjective listening before using them as mono-blocks.

Last edited:

mrmeng430

Have 2 A07 Max with both 48V 5A PSU on each in mono mode, connected to a pair of JBL 590. WOW, sounds wonderful now, sound stage, stereo separation, bass, treble are all much better/clearer. Heard things with the music from the 80s that I've not heard before. But maybe it's all in my head. YMMV.

Last edited:

mrmeng430

For those that say the A07 Max aux out does not have same subwoofer volume control if used, can I use a 3.5mm splitter from SMSL M300SE DAC output so one output can go to the Sub and one output can go to the A07 Max? This DAC has remote for volume control.

Toku

Major Contributor
For those that say the A07 Max aux out does not have same subwoofer volume control if used, can I use a 3.5mm splitter from SMSL M300SE DAC output so one output can go to the Sub and one output can go to the A07 Max? This DAC has remote for volume control.
A07Max's 3.5mm and RCA are simply connected in parallel. Both can be used as inputs and can be used as branch outputs.
However, only one of them can be used as input.
I'm currently using 3.5mm as input.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, you can.

That will work. But obviously you won't get any high pass for the main speakers. You should be able to low pass the sub using it's own built in filter.

gentlejax

Have 2 A07 Max with both 48V 5A PSU on each in mono mode, connected to a pair of JBL 590. WOW, sounds wonderful now, sound stage, stereo separation, bass, treble are all much better/clearer. Heard things with the music from the 80s that I've not heard before. But maybe it's all in my head. YMMV.

Are you still liking it? I have the same speakers and was thinking of doing the same thing

you had to order the 48v power supply separately ?

mrmeng430

Are you still liking it? I have the same speakers and was thinking of doing the same thing

you had to order the 48v power supply separately ?
Yes, I am still liking this set up. I bought them at AliExpress where I can pick the PSU before ordering. 1st amp came 2 weeks earlier before the 2nd amp, but both were ordered same time and day, so, that was interesting. I think Class D amps have come a long way since I bought the A07 Pro. I use a Schiit Loki equalizer from DAC before going to the amps for tone and bass control. I also use a laptop fan to keep both amps cool, fans not noisy when the music plays.

Ungeduld

I'm disappointed. I've just reconnected my Aiyima A07, which sounds much better. In comparison, the sound of the Aiyima max lacks presence and flesh. It's not bad, but it's not very good either. I had the same experience with the Fosi V3, which I returned to Amazon.

I'm currently listening to my Aiyima A07, and I'm still amazed that such a cheap amp sounds so good. I've had good amps, much more expensive, that didn't give me as much pleasure. My old Yamaha seemed almost obliterated by comparison.

Unbeatable value for money. The components of the Aiyima max may be of better quality, but what counts is the sound quality, and that seems to me to be below that of the Aiyima A07. Obviously, this is a totally subjective opinion.

springbowtje

I want to use two of these a07 max in mono mode. Is one mornsun lof550-20b48 powersupply enough to power both amplifiers at the same time or should I use a powersupply with more amperes?

3eaudio

Audio Company
no problem,lof550-20b48 is very good.

doug s.

hi!

i'm considering these to drive full range speakers in a 4-way active set-up - one amp to drive full-range drivers from ~200hz to 7khz; the other to drive ribbon tweeters >7khz. the full range drivers are close to 100db efficient; the ribbon tweeters are ~95db efficient. (levels set w/active 24db/octave x-overs.) it's overkill on power, i know. but is it overkill to skip the stock power 48v/5a power supplies, and get meanwell hrp-300-48v 7a power supplies? is there any benefit to have such a strong/high quality p/s when powering these amps to drive highly efficient speakers? the cost isn't actually that bad; it would run ~$30 more per amp; but i'm wondering if it's really even necessary.

thanks!

doug s.

doug s.

I'm disappointed. I've just reconnected my Aiyima A07, which sounds much better. In comparison, the sound of the Aiyima max lacks presence and flesh. It's not bad, but it's not very good either. I had the same experience with the Fosi V3, which I returned to Amazon.

I'm currently listening to my Aiyima A07, and I'm still amazed that such a cheap amp sounds so good. I've had good amps, much more expensive, that didn't give me as much pleasure. My old Yamaha seemed almost obliterated by comparison.

Unbeatable value for money. The components of the Aiyima max may be of better quality, but what counts is the sound quality, and that seems to me to be below that of the Aiyima A07. Obviously, this is a totally subjective opinion.
let it run more; too many folks think it's an improvement to give up on it so soon.

doug s.

Vijay_kumar74

Going through this review, bought A07 max (in fact two to try them out in mono modes).

Currently using: Apple TV -> Yamaha Rx1050 AVR -> Front Preouts -> Topping A90 (Full vol) -> Aiyima A07 max (36 volts) (Full vol) -> Revel F208s as fronts

If wondering, without Topping, sound loudness was very anemic. Seems A07 was not able to sufficiently amplify signal from AVRs preouts.

AVR: 7.1 setup with Neural X decoder. +6dB on AVR setup for fronts.

Not sure if this setup helps in offloading AVR or in sound quality? Tried two A07s as monos but sound quality seemed reduced so reverted to single A07 max in stereo mode. I think AVR directly connected to Revels was equally good with fronts set at -2dBs. Wonder if much pricier External Power Amps would be helpful?

BTW, WiiM Pro Plus -> Denafrips Ares II -> Aiyima A07 max -> F208s sounded much much better and louder than via Ares II -> AVR -> F208s. But AVRs gives 7.1 surround capability.

So, A07 max/Fosi type cheaper but powerful amps or much pricier and bulkier Rotel/Parasound type Power Amps? Pros/Cons of each?
One con is personal lack of confidence in using this Amp with costly ~$4k speakers!

doug s.

...So, A07 max/Fosi type cheaper but powerful amps or much pricier and bulkier Rotel/Parasound type Power Amps? Pros/Cons of each?
One con is personal lack of confidence in using this Amp with costly ~$4k speakers!...
i cannot comment on your setup, as i have no experience there.

but, regarding expensive amps/speakers; did you see the video where the designer of cube audio and qualio speakers says the fosi za3 (and the aiyima a07) are better driving his qualio iq speakers (€6,900.00), than the €4,500.00 naim integrated amp that he was using previously? in comparing the fosi za3 to the aiyima a07, he says the aiyima is a bit more open and dynamic, while the fosi has more "richness". and he mentions a uk buddy who prefers the aiyima a07 max amp to a €10,00.00+/- vitus audio integrated amp. he did not say which speakers he was using. (i suspect the cost is higher, as the least expensive integrated amp i see on the vitus website is €17,000.)

and, both per the youtube vid, and ungeduld's comments above, there may be slight differences between amps, and between amp/speaker synergy...

doug s.

Vijay_kumar74

i cannot comment on your setup, as i have no experience there.

but, regarding expensive amps/speakers; did you see the video where the designer of cube audio and qualio speakers says the fosi za3 (and the aiyima a07) are better driving his qualio iq speakers (€6,900.00), than the €4,500.00 naim integrated amp that he was using previously? in comparing the fosi za3 to the aiyima a07, he says the aiyima is a bit more open and dynamic, while the fosi has more "richness". and he mentions a uk buddy who prefers the aiyima a07 max amp to a €10,00.00+/- vitus audio integrated amp. he did not say which speakers he was using. (i suspect the cost is higher, as the least expensive integrated amp i see on the vitus website is €17,000.)

and, both per the youtube vid, and ungeduld's comments above, there may be slight differences between amps, and between amp/speaker synergy...

doug s.

Explored some more and found that pros/cons come down to class A/AB vs class D amps. Class D amps are supposed to be highly efficient, small and economical but are not supposed to be good in sound fidelity.Seems as per video shared above, these amps are good in SF also! If so, it may revolutionize the amps industry?!
BYW, thanks for sharing that video!

mike70

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Explored some more and found that pros/cons come down to class A/AB vs class D amps. Class D amps are supposed to be highly efficient, small and economical but are not supposed to be good in sound fidelity.Seems as per video shared above, these amps are good in SF also! If so, it may revolutionize the amps industry?!

Tell me it's a joke

gordoste

Please review this thread

gordoste

Even if it's all in your head, it's still real :)

Top Bottom