• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist

8560feaf02a0ebcef181e49188fc54121f04b32f41df54ba66a1fe09e2f2c2e3.jpg

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor

Man! The joint was on fire last night!
An embarrassment of riches* -- but I'll just comment on this one.

1706972304152.jpeg

Note the 100% correlation between the level of commitment and pipe smoking.

OK, my work is done here.

for now...

Neddy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I thought he was more of a Goonshow fan than Monty Python: :cool:

Hollywood_Bob

When I was a kid we had a wall-mounted crank phone like one of these. We had a "party line" with about 10 other phone owners on it. I had to stand on a chair, crank the phone and Mrs Wilson the operator would come on: "Oh, hello Robbie, and how is your family?". She knew everything about everybody. I could pick up the ear piece and listen to everybody's phone conversations. No TV at that time. My Dad was the chief of police, and everybody could listen to his phone conversations about the latest murders and beatings (it was a rough, "cow town" in the ranch area of British Columbia), and my friends Moms would ask me about them because someone (more like everyone) had listened to my Dad's calls.

Attachments

• crank telephone.jpg
    crank telephone.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 13

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When I was a kid we had a wall-mounted crank phone like one of these. We had a "party line" with about 10 other phone owners on it. I had to stand on a chair, crank the phone and Mrs Wilson the operator would come on: "Oh, hello Robbie, and how is your family?". She knew everything about everybody. I could pick up the ear piece and listen to everybody's phone conversations. No TV at that time. My Dad was the chief of police, and everybody could listen to his phone conversations about the latest murders and beatings (it was a rough, "cow town" in the ranch area of British Columbia), and my friends Moms would ask me about them because someone (more like everyone) had listened to my Dad's calls.

I have a Western Electric on my wall and small collection of wired phones with a Princess on my land line. ATT is going to abandon the copper lines. This is not so good in and around my rural neighborhoods. That will leave us with satellite as our only option (some have cable). Here are some of my finds and if you see a cool one at a garage sale or thrift shop maybe pick it up as prices are climbing.
1706990873802.jpeg
1706991097652.png

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1706992562678.jpeg

Top Bottom