• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Apple Music windows app is garbage

Pancreas

This is the best they can do and they have billions?

This apps keeps getting stuck on connecting all the time, I play song, then I want to play another one, stuck on connecting.

Even if you click on other parts of the app, it lags, doesn't click

2023 and still can't listen to the streaming you're paying for every month. Apple couldn't give 2 shit, all they care about is money,

THIS doesn't give them ANY money, quite the opposite, it costs them money.

Last edited:

Ogoript

Forum Donor
I use it every day via MacBook Pro, Apple TV and/or iPhone and never have any of those issues. What specific device are you using it on?

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I use it every day via MacBook Pro, Apple TV and/or iPhone and never have any of those issues. What specific device are you using it on?

He's just upgraded from this:
1703459229645.png

To this:
1703459164159.png

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
Pancreas

Pancreas

I dont have this issue on my phones, is only the window app

Keith_W

Major Contributor
This is the best they can do and they have billions?

This apps keeps getting stuck on connecting all the time, I play song, then I want to play another one, stuck on connecting.

Even if you click on other parts of the app, it lags, doesn't click

2023 and still can't listen to the streaming you're paying for every month. Apple couldn't give 2 shit, all they care about is money,

THIS doesn't give them ANY money, quite the opposite, it costs them money.

The fact that Apple's iOS and Mac devices work well is proof they are not incompetent. However, the crippled experience of any Apple software on any non-Apple product which goes back for YEARS suggests this is a deliberate strategy from Apple.

stoo23

However, the crippled experience of any Apple software on any non-Apple product which goes back for YEARS suggests this is a deliberate strategy from Apple
Yep, you'd have to agree. Basically a pack of ratbags who Now make 'Fashion Accessories' ;):p:D

Oh I forgot to mention, that you NEED a New 'Adapter' when you upgrade to a new model ;)

Last edited:

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Was a Piece of Software, with some hardware thrown in to Run it ;):p:D:cool:
Ah but don't forget that hardware includes the first mouse and WYIWYG GUI in a office and creative space.

Unless you are running a console only obscure OS you have a lot to thank for this humble offering from Apple.
;)

stoo23

Ah but don't forget that hardware includes the first mouse and WYIWYG GUI in a office and creative space.
No, sorry, All of that came from Xerox's Star Office Systems
Apple invented Nothing. Even the engineers were 'poached' from Xerox's Palo Alto' reseach centre.

OP
Pancreas

Pancreas

They purposely make it suck so you give in and buy all Apple hardware to make it work smooth. Not because they can’t.

which is?

i just want the windows apple music app to work and it doesnt work well

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No, sorry, All of that came from Xerox's Star Office Systems
Apple invented Nothing. Even the engineers were 'poached' from Xerox's Palo Alto' reseach centre.
Didn't say they invented it. They did bring it, along with an interacting OS, into everyday use though. I was there, have watched Apple and Microsoft evolve along with Linux over the last 4 decades and I have used all when needed for different tasks they each excel at in some ways. We're still using graphical GUIs and mice was my real point.
;)

stoo23

and mice was my real point
Yeah ??, well they didn't invent that Either and the Star System, was around for some time before the Macintosh came about and quite realistically, there was No comparison.
The Star system had a great OS and environment, some fantastic Apps (especially if you were into serious Printing and Document handling and an Awesome Super fine pitch grey scale monitor that could fit 4 x A4 pages.
The Mac, was almost like a Toy or Charicature by comparison :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xerox_Star

Eric Natural

Windows apple music/iTunes is a frankenstein platform, originally called Beats prior to it's purchase by Apple. They needed to compete with Spotify at the time, so they just bought it's competitor & have been hacking it since.
The new Apple Classical app is a ground-up platform that's actually the beta test for Apple music 2.0 when it becomes 2.0
Cheers

Top Bottom