• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hidizs MP145 IEM Review

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 56 43.8%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 60 46.9%

• Total voters

oscar_dziki

My inner skeptic tends to expect "diminishing returns", considering this is @1.500$.

@thread topic: IDK if metal is the best choice for IEM, because it adds weight and chills the ears, which can be pleasant or not, depending on the outside temperature.
My dog just crushed my zero red with it's teeth. I wish they were made of metal:)

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm in your conclusion you wrote "The MP145 is a nicely made, good looking IME which comes very close to approximating our target". Not sure if you meant "good looking IEM" or...

Ra1zel

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Unlistenable for young people

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you for the review Amir. 3 reviews in 3 days - you are on fire! :)
Fine, but, the better is the enemy of the good. I can use the famous RED without EQ, for a fraction of the price.
Thanks for that! I did not see a Zero Red comment in the first 5 posts and I was getting worried.

For the record, Hidiz website lists this IEM at $199, discounted to $159. Not sure what is the correct price.

I like the fact that it is toned down at the ear gain area. Full ear gain sounds way too bright to me. Bump at 200Hz - not a big fan.

Overall I think I might like these better than the Novas.

Last edited:

nerdemoji

markanini

Major Contributor
Fine, but, the better is the enemy of the good. I can use the famous RED without EQ, for a fraction of the price.
Truthear Red improves massively with +2dB boost above 7kHz IMO.

museguy

respice finem

Major Contributor
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
So, you've been testing both the new Dan Clark and this one on a short period ?
I only listened to MP145 for the duration of the review (30 minutes or so) while I have been listening to E3 for a couple of weeks. I find the level of detail MP145 can produce, like some other IEMs, is incredible. At the same time, its sub-bass reproduction is not anything like what E3 can do. They are just different animals.

mc.god

Thanks fr the review, I'm interested in this iem since it's launch curious to try a planar and rarely using full sized cans lately for various reasons.
From graphs it seems fairly balanced with smoother treble than other similarly priced planars, and you measurements confirms it.
Il probably give a try if it'll go available at amazon.it where i can possibly return it without hassle, iem's fitting is always a crucial point you can't know until trying, especially for a big one like this.

nerdemoji

It might be there but would not count that it is looking at the graph. That is what 15, 16K? Do you think the measurement rig used can accurately measure what you are going to hear up to 16K?
if you don't care what the rig measures greater than 10k, get the Moondrop Jiu, it has better compliance with the Harman 2019v2 target.
graph(9).png

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
if you don't care what the rig measures greater than 10k, get the Moondrop Jiu, it has better compliance with the Harman 2019v2 target.
That is not what I said nor it is my point. My point is, what the graph says and what you hear might not be always the same. I think it is helpful to understand the limitations of the tool you are using.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks good, the only potential "risk" I see, IDK if the E1DA will be enough to power the "current hungry" RED.
Then again, hearing too loud is not advisable anyway.
It absolutely is enough. They aren't the easiest to drive iem ever but the 9038s (I still maintain the single ended D is better as you don't have to recable) is one of the most powerful dongles ever. Assuming nobody is adding any large eq peaks to the Red (or using the bass adapter).

Top Bottom