• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Daiyama

I think the community is best served to have voices of different views and sites where people approach issues differently is a good thing, at least to a point where “mean” discussions start.

Its particularly nice, of course, when both communities can align around technical considerations, and as both sites take this seriously I approached both because I was confident we could stand up to objective and subjective scrutiny.

Sure, no headphone is right or best for everyone but at least the technical Merits are validated.

Very wise words and I would like to see it that everybody would see it that way. Unfortunately on both sides there are very mean comments in the direction of the other „side“.

Daiyama

……
I had a reviewer in Germany tell me to make our headphones heavier to be seen as high-end. I replied that making our headphones uncomfortable wasn’t a design goal…

:D

I have to apologise for my compatriot. :facepalm:

Chester

Its particularly nice, of course, when both communities can align around technical considerations, and as both sites take this seriously

While I agree different view points are needed for the best discussions to take place, I would personally disagree with the above statement.

One site takes measurements and technical considerations seriously, the other is serious about appearing to care about these things, in order to maintain their readership and continue to sell sponsorship and ad space.

They are driven by quite different goals.

F1308

Major Contributor
Dealing with the weight is easy: a secret compartment next to the metamaterials could be replenished with as many fishing lead balls serving as ballast as wished...!!!!

Sold separately, but of course.

Making it lighter would mean some hellium filled balloons being attached....

Enough.

Daiyama

BAH! Well they can keep doing their thing with crazy house sounds if they keep selling them, it's no skin off my nose.....but I don't believe people are getting particularly accurate sound by doing so. As sites like ASR become more popular and more people start getting exposed to "good sound" then the more likely it is that sales will fall away from crazy boutique house sounds (target curves)......so either they'll continue with their crazy if they keep selling them, or they'll see a shift away and realise they need to start doing some proper research & development.

That is why the Stealth is so exciting. Will science win over the „other side“ (I will not use the term subj…, as I find this a bit offensive) and if not, why not?
I will definitely try to audition one, but if I can really justify to me 4K for a headphone? I am not sure….

Daiyama

Dealing with the weight is easy: a secret compartment next to the metamaterials could be replenished with as many fishing lead balls serving as ballast as wished...!!!!

Sold separately, but of course.

Not to forget, each ball at an obscene price. :p

F1308

Major Contributor
Not to forget, each ball at an obscene price. :p
Oh, no, no.
Prices according to market and material.
Lead was my first idea, but gold or platinum could also add to the downward gravity vector.

F1308

Major Contributor
Now, dear 35000 viewers... gather around and say you are wanting these headphones immensely and let me ask the maker for the price if we all go one...(where we go one we go all..?)

Alright, let's say we ask just for 30000 units...

Price should include delivery, taxes, import rates...since ASR is everywhere around Earth.

I am in for one provided less than 2500€ (not willing to pay more for my headset than for my keyboard synthesizer).

Last edited:

woof!

if not, why not?
Well if that happend maybe because the science itself is not complete? As you can see the harman target itself keeps evolving. Which one is correct? 2013, 2015, 2017? Not sure what is the latest revision or what it looks like anymore...

F1308

Major Contributor
Well if that happend maybe because the science itself is not complete? As you can see the harman target itself keeps evolving. Which one is correct? 2013, 2015, 2017? Not sure what is the latest revision or what it looks like anymore...
The 6th went added to chords and it took quite a great time for people to accept it...

tusing

They really need to offer a version of this headphone with white stitching instead of red stitching. Despite being able to afford it, I am not down with the gamer aesthetic and I can't imagine I'm the only one.

woof!

The 6th went added to chords and it took quite a great time for people to accept it...
Oh wow there are 6 versions now? That's more than the number of C++ standard revisions in the last 10 years.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
For headfi it is just another 4k headphone (and with the looks of a gam...) so nothing new or something to get especially hyped about.
But here, 4k and armir loves it, that is quite a sensation!
:) Speaking of head-fi, here are the latest public stats relative to ours:

1629668530897.png

It is remarkable that we have closed the gap with them despite them being around so much longer.

F1308

Major Contributor

View attachment 148999

It is remarkable that we have closed the gap with them despite them being around so much longer.

Good idea.... Instead of just barely 30000 we could happily join forces and ask for a great price for 50000.

Mmmmm....1500€ could be next door....

Zim

Forum Donor

View attachment 148999

I'd say it's expected. Reading subjective opinions with nothing to back it up, marketing fluff and hyperbolic literature, along with the nonsensical bickering in a subjective environment gets very fatiguing quickly. I find ASR a far more pleasant environment to read in and interact with.

John B

I read through the other forums a few years back and bought some gear that had a general consensus as being great, listened to it, was horrified, got rid of it and never returned to those lands of sponsored opinions. I've yet to have that experience with ASR.

Top Bottom