• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hidizs S9 Review (Headphone Adapter)

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Well, my friend tested in his pc and it is working fine. Seems to be an issue with some, but not all windows machines.

smitten8

Just got mine today from AliExpress and it’s stuttering on my MacBook Pro 2020 thru the USB C port.
Works fine on the Hiby R3 pro and Hidizs AP80 but just stutters on the MBP.
Hopefully support will reply soon with a fix!

Joe0429

Not the windows driver downloaded from Hidizs website.
There's a new S9 firmware, but you have to contact customer service to get it.
Don't know why they don't release it on their website.

smitten8

Just got mine today from AliExpress and it’s stuttering on my MacBook Pro 2020 thru the USB C port.
Works fine on the Hiby R3 pro and Hidizs AP80 but just stutters on the MBP.
Hopefully support will reply soon with a fix!

support sent me the google drive link within 15 mins, launched parallels for Mac OS to boot into windows 10 and got it all fixed in 10 mins or so - all good now!

jannek

The procedure described in post #227 worked for me. The simpler way with the updater only did not recognize my S9.

alleroy

support sent me the google drive link within 15 mins, launched parallels for Mac OS to boot into windows 10 and got it all fixed in 10 mins or so - all good now!
Which way have you used to contact them?
Because they are not as fast to respond in my case.

alleroy

Well, I made some progress with DSD and foobar2000 with S9, after installing S9 ASIO driver provided here: https://www.hidizs.net/pages/download-center.
But I am still able to play DSD up to 256, not 512, getting this error: " Sample rate of 1411200 Hz not supported by this device."
If anybody can help I would very appreciate.

Veri

Master Contributor
Maybe it could be the cap for the Windows driver, but on Android I have been successful in playing DSD 512 using UAPP.
Ah, nice to see confirmation of that capability, at least :)

alleroy

It seems that I have sorted out how to play also DSD 512 in foobar2000 using DSD Transcoder component. I have just a little doubt now: after having installed S9 ASIO driver it seems that loudness output has become lower also when using S9 attached to my Win10 notebook, but maybe I (an my ears) are tired after hours of tests...

Steeveep

So basically the S9 has better sound than the S8/sonata hd pro but without the terrible volume jumps? Can anyone using this on Android with UAPP give any details?

Last edited:
So whats the Firmware version of the one provided by Hidizs support? Mine runs 2.01 out of the box. Just curious.

smitten8

So whats the Firmware version of the one provided by Hidizs support? Mine runs 2.01 out of the box. Just curious.

I actually dunno what's the firmware version - I can share it here but I just want to be sure it's ok to share a link in the forum here and not breaking any rules.

smitten8

I would like to check...but I got no answer from [email protected] in two days...may I know what exactly have you written to them to get the new firmware?

I just wrote explaining the stuttering audio and they sent me the link, I can share the link here but I just want to be sure I'm not breaking any forum rules by putting a download link here.

jannek

I think if Hidizs would want the firmware update procedure being public they would share it at their homepage. Since they don't do that I would not post the link here. But you can send it to alleroy as a private message, I think.

Top Bottom