• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hidizs S9 Review (Headphone Adapter)

jannek

Yes, as said before in this topic this is not provided as download but only after contacting support. There is a simple and a more complicated update procedure, only the complicated updated worked for me. But I did not have an issue with power output but stuttering when used with Win10.

AXR

Your review caused a price spike:oops:
1617811763327.png

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It still has the very same problem of audio cutting/skipping. Good technical aspects, horrible execution.

Wow. Glad I got mine right after Amir uploaded his review. So far I am really pleased with the S9. I am using it as a dac alternative between my Mac Book and my stereo setup with an rca adapter. Initially bought it as a temporarely solution until I have figured out what stand alone DAC to get...

alleroy

So far I haven't done much listening on my Win10 notebook. I haven't yet updated firmware on S9, and I have used it only with Qobuz desktop app for Win10, selecting Wasapi - Exclusive Mode as output, and I am experiencing no cutting/skipping or other issues except for a small background noise when I pause playing. I am using a usb 3.0 port, and also the light of S9 has the appropriate colour based on source sample rate.

alleroy

I just received mine and am using it in Windows with foobar2000.

Initially I had a lot of stuttering issues playing certain bitrates (192kbps, DSD etc) using the standard ASIO4ALL driver. After I replaced it with the ASIO driver from here https://www.hidizs.net/apps/help-center#hc-s9-asio-driver all the issues went away.

I'm using DSD: WASAPI (push): Speakers (Hidizs S9) as the output in foobar2000 and everything plays perfectly now. The LED shows green, blue or yellow depending on whether I'm playing normal bitrates, 192kbps, or DSD.

All good so far.
May I ask you more details about your preference configuration of foobar2000, in particular for the section output and sacd, since I can get only noise when playing DSD64/128 files, and I cannot play at all DSD512. Moreover, the link you provided does not work anymore: is it the same driver as the one found in https://www.hidizs.net/pages/download-center as S9 Asio Driver?

Top Bottom