• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

nemanja_t

Forum Donor
I have ordered my example through www.audiophonics.fr . Delivery date is by the end of the month or beginning of the next month. I have planned to use it with Q Acoustics 3010i for a PC desktop setup. First time ordering a Chinese product, due to the reviews on this site. Let’s see how it goes.

Jack

Hey mate this might sound r*tarded but I shit you not, the problem was my RCA cables. I have the same SOUND/noise you get from the video and I tried changing USB/ source everything and it didn't worked. I noticed I'm using a $1 dollar store rca cable that has virtually zero to none shielding, swapped it out for a high quality shield rca cable (it's like $25 so not snakeoil cables) and the hiss goes away instantly... so yeah check that. I also swapped 3 different power supplies and the hiss was still there but the instant an rca swap, it goes away.
I tried this with a nicer pair of Mogami cables and found no difference. I'm going to order a new power supply next and see if there is any difference there.

S3bape

Hi guys!

I’ve been lurking around this forum for a while and consider it as fantastic place for noobs like me that are looking for the first “quality” setup. In my case it is desktop setup on a budget.
After reading the review I’ve managed to get my Loxjie A30 from amazon last week (unit with updated power adapter). It is temporally hooked up to an old Bose 301 series II speakers that were laying in my forgotten part of basement. It is ok for now while I’m looking for a deal for a nicer bookshelf speakers.

However, I have a problem with my Loxjie A30 when connected to PC via USB. After I put it in standby mode, I get USB error (code 43 – device descriptor failed) and there is no way to force it to be detected by system. I was able to succeed once or twice with OS detecting the amp, but it was randomly and couldn’t find any pattern or 100% workaround. I've tried different USB cables, USB ports, uninstalling drivers...

When I connected A30 via USB to another PC it was detected for the first time with no problem, but after turning A30 of via remote the problem occurred on another PC as well.

Does anyone have similar issue with USB connection?

I’m using Toslink and BT now with no issues, but I prefer to use USB for my desktop setup.

Xeleron

Aliexpress ships to all countries of europe
Actually I do not understand why some people in europe are afraid of aliexpress
I'm living in Russia and sometimes we do not have any other option - ebay/amazon/etc do not ship here
Because of tax/vat. Its cheaper to buy from any EU shop where they bought in bulk than buying a single unit from alie and pay big bucks because of vat/tax/duty/w,e. I ordered mine begin this year from audiophonics for my wife and we have no regrets

oldmanhifi

Just got one of these for my office setup. With my Grado SR60 headphones (99.8db@1mw, 32 ohm impedance) there is no problem with the headphone output level and feeds from my Mac mini through the Toslink output sound great. Now I need to upgrade the rest of my office setup.

shilent

Hi guys!

I’ve been lurking around this forum for a while and consider it as fantastic place for noobs like me that are looking for the first “quality” setup. In my case it is desktop setup on a budget.
After reading the review I’ve managed to get my Loxjie A30 from amazon last week (unit with updated power adapter). It is temporally hooked up to an old Bose 301 series II speakers that were laying in my forgotten part of basement. It is ok for now while I’m looking for a deal for a nicer bookshelf speakers.

However, I have a problem with my Loxjie A30 when connected to PC via USB. After I put it in standby mode, I get USB error (code 43 – device descriptor failed) and there is no way to force it to be detected by system. I was able to succeed once or twice with OS detecting the amp, but it was randomly and couldn’t find any pattern or 100% workaround. I've tried different USB cables, USB ports, uninstalling drivers...

When I connected A30 via USB to another PC it was detected for the first time with no problem, but after turning A30 of via remote the problem occurred on another PC as well.

Does anyone have similar issue with USB connection?

I’m using Toslink and BT now with no issues, but I prefer to use USB for my desktop setup.

I have a similar issue when turning off the A30 when using USB. The A30 will not appear in my audio devices unless I reboot or cycle through all the inputs on the A30 until back to USB.

Because of this, I just leave it on with the display off.

0800 Dub

@Jack Are you able to try aux in with another source other than your DAC? Are the noises still present?

alberto1069

Did anyone pair it with the ELAC DBR-62s? what is the result?
before I was almost sure of my choice, but because in my country the 62 white are completely sold out and they dont know about re-stock, now I dont know what to do. Unfortunately the dark one is really not matching with my all white furniture

dogtagkz

Based on recommendation and current Chinese New Year discounts, I purchased the JBL A130. With plans to add a subwoofer in the new future, will this amp be sufficient to drive both the speakers and the subwoofer (yet to decide but definitely a budget)?

Thank you!

testp

maybe related to the wierd aux in/ coaxical combo plug thing... can't test as well, don't have analog inputs at the moment

ctakim

Forum Donor
Got the Loxjie A30 today Feb 13 after ordering it from Hifi-Express on Jan 23. Have to say my ordering from China of audio electronic goods has worked out well so far. First impressions are very impressive for this little amp. It seems to be the perfect desktop/computer amp. I'm using it to power SoundArtist LS3/5a speakers with a REL T7i subwoofer and I have it hooked up via USB to a MacMini running Roon/Tidal as my most frequently used musical source. I'm not using the subwoofer out because REL recommends direct full range amplifier output to the sub with cross-over cutoff made on the sub itself.

I am using this to replace a 25 year old Pioneer THX Receiver VSX-07TX that was an "extra" amp that I had lying around and the size and heat output difference is amazing. I was worried about having enough power to drive these relatively low efficiency speakers but it has not been an issue. I'm in a small office and literally 3-4 ft from each speaker. My volume level on the A30 is typically in the 30-35 range. We will have to see how much I like it with more time and experience but one day in it has been great!

Last edited:

MrS1rPanda

I have a similar issue when turning off the A30 when using USB. The A30 will not appear in my audio devices unless I reboot or cycle through all the inputs on the A30 until back to USB.

Because of this, I just leave it on with the display off.

Interested to see if anyone has a solution. I suppose turning the A30 on before your PC would be one solution. Cycling works for me too.

Is there any harm in leaving this powered on 24/7?

ctakim

Forum Donor
Interested to see if anyone has a solution. I suppose turning the A30 on before your PC would be one solution. Cycling works for me too.

Is there any harm in leaving this powered on 24/7?
Turning off the A30 removes it from the list of audio outputs when you are using the USB connection. Also changing the input on the A30 to Bluetooth, or Analog has the same effect. But when you cycle the input back to the USB option on the A30, it reappears as an output option on my computer. I have generally been leaving the A30 on. I'm not sure about what the power consumption is, but I presume it is rather low. I keep my computer (MacMini) on 24/7, too.

MrS1rPanda

Turning off the A30 removes it from the list of audio outputs when you are using the USB connection. Also changing the input on the A30 to Bluetooth, or Analog has the same effect. But when you cycle the input back to the USB option on the A30, it reappears as an output option on my computer. I have generally been leaving the A30 on. I'm not sure about what the power consumption is, but I presume it is rather low. I keep my computer (MacMini) on 24/7, too.

I believe I saw its sub 0.5W per European requirements (makes sense since its the German Infineon chip?) I put my Windows PC to sleep at night usually.. shutdown every now and then. The A30 doesnt have any static in my speakers like some of the other mini amps did (MX3 for instance), so I dont feel bad leaving it on. New to the audio game so paranoid im going to break something LOL

Top Bottom