• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

Xeleron

I've attached the photo of front and back of both the original power supply (left on both) and the silent replacement one (right on both).
Lol the sticker residue is still visible on the 'unlabled' one, wonder what loxjie was thinking. I am still waiting on mine, ordered it 3 weeks ago from audiophonics but expected stock has delayed once again to 22-29january:rolleyes:

boselover61

is this a joke implying how powerful this amp is or did your speakers really 'die' ? :)
Lol no... it just cracks and pops to hell with volume past "53". I tried it with my Infinity r162 and would not recommend doing so. The speakers were dying haha

testp

Lol no... it just cracks and pops to hell with volume past "53". I tried it with my Infinity r162 and would not recommend doing so. The speakers were dying haha

yeah, 20 is as far as i go for now... maybe some day

boselover61

I've attached the photo of front and back of both the original power supply (left on both) and the silent replacement one (right on both).
To piggy back on this post. I just got my replacement psu today. It looks exactly right the one on the right without the label.

boselover61

since the subwoofer output is not separated, using a HPQ would also filter out the subwoofer?

Xeleron

Received mine yesterday! And I have to say that I am quite pleased with it! The case itself has a nice feeling to it, appears very clean. Soundwise out of the box it sounds very clear, hooked it up to my Floorstanding KEF Q5's. It has no over saturated bass or treble, rocks the building without going above '35' of soundvolume (unable to hold a conversation at this volume without yelling). Bluetooth pairing goes without a problem aswell. Only thing that's less charming is the IR remote, you really gotta point to the lcd screen otherwise it just wont function.

P.S. mine came with the 'new' power supply that previous owners got as replacement, but with label! (same as older model, nothing changed on the label)

Big thumbs up from me!

boselover61

Received mine yesterday! And I have to say that I am quite pleased with it! The case itself has a nice feeling to it, appears very clean. Soundwise out of the box it sounds very clear, hooked it up to my Floorstanding KEF Q5's. It has no over saturated bass or treble, rocks the building without going above '35' of soundvolume (unable to hold a conversation at this volume without yelling). Bluetooth pairing goes without a problem aswell. Only thing that's less charming is the IR remote, you really gotta point to the lcd screen otherwise it just wont function.

P.S. mine came with the 'new' power supply that previous owners got as replacement, but with label! (same as older model, nothing changed on the label)

Big thumbs up from me!
Can you show the psu with label? Thanks

Xeleron

Attachments

• IMG_20210123_153943~01.jpg
    IMG_20210123_153943~01.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 434

boselover61

It has the same label as your older one, case is the same as your replacement
Do you notice any difference? I feel like this one is a bit heavier than the original so I'm suspecting this one might be higherq uality

Xeleron

Do you notice any difference? I feel like this one is a bit heavier than the original so I'm suspecting this one might be higherq uality
That would be hard to tell.. i am a new owner so i cannot tell you the difference between the audio quality with new or old power supply, i saw your post about your replacement power supply and i received the 'newer' one with labels. It sounds crisp and all but honestly that's all i can tell you. If you are ever in a crazy mood you perhaps can open both up to compare the components in them?

alberto1069

For those still looking for the new stock, yesterday I found it available in aliexpress and ordered mine. after that there were still 9 available.
I plan to pair it with Elac's DBR62, hope it will be sufficient.
Regarding the available power, could it be possible that the stock PSU is not enough in terms of current to give all the juice to the MA12070?
if it is only a real 3 Amps or something like that, if somebody has a better PSU it would be interesting to see what happen when fed with a real 6-7 Amps PS, for example like the mean well recommended for the Aiyima 04 here in the forum.

Vladetz

BTW new power supply looks exactly the same as psu which came with my smsl da-8s (received amp yesterday from aliexpress shenzhenaudio)

Jack

I just got mine today. I have noticed an issue with the AUX IN when connected to a DAC. All sorts of high pitched digital noises can be heard through the speakers when I turned the volume up to 25 and higher. When paired with my old amplifier I can't hear any of these noises. When I used the A30's internal DAC via USB it doesn't make these sounds either. I'm really not sure what's going on. Has anyone else experienced these noises when using the RCA inputs?

Top Bottom