• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Accuphase e470

PLB

Looking for measurements on the Accuphase e470. Recently purchased but I can’t find measurements for it anywhere.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
a lower end model was tested here E270 ?

you could send it to Amir and wait - it would certainly be interesting to see if it measured better than the other Accuphase

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Since I am using E-460 with great satisfaction, I would highly appreciate if we could hear measurements of E-470, E-480, E-380, E-650 and also E-800; these are the recent integrated amp series from ACCUPHASE!

OP
P

PLB

a lower end model was tested here E270 ?

you could send it to Amir and wait - it would certainly be interesting to see if it measured better than the other Accuphase
I just read the review and measurements of the e270. Although I have not heard the e270 I was surprised by findings of the balanced XLR input. I’m even more curious about the e470 now.... that said I’m really enjoying the e470 I think it sounds fantastic, recently replaced my JC1’s and JC2.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No matter how it measures sonically, it is the best looking unit. Of course, if you know that it doesn't measure at the tip-top level for SQ, will that affect your listening pleasure?

BTW, what speakers do you have?

OP
P

PLB

Since I am using E-460 with great satisfaction, I would highly appreciate if we could hear measurements of E-470, E-480, E-380, E-650 and also E-800; these are the recent integrated amp series from ACCUPHASE!
I’m enjoying the e470 as well, would be nice to see how it measured.

OP
P

PLB

No matter how it measures sonically, it is the best looking unit. Of course, if you know that it doesn't measure at the tip-top level for SQ, will that affect your listening pleasure?

BTW, what speakers do you have?
It won’t affect my listening pleasure, but I’m still curious about how it measures.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Recently purchased but I can’t find measurements for it anywhere.

Email Accuphase in Japan with your model and serial number and ask for a copy of the factory tests done on your amplifier. They keep everything on file. You may have to pay for it and they may direct you to make the request through your country's distributor/agent, but they are extremely helpful if you ask nicely.

OP
P

PLB

Email Accuphase in Japan with your model and serial number and ask for a copy of the factory tests done on your amplifier. They keep everything on file. You may have to pay for it and they may direct you to make the request through your country's distributor/agent, but they are extremely helpful if you ask nicely.
Thank you! I didn’t realize that was an option, I’ll look into it and post any results.

OP
P

PLB

I’ve emailed Accuphase and awaiting feedback. After reading the comments of the E270 review, I’m curious why someone hasn’t asked Accuphase for their measurements on the e270 to compare with Amir’s.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
After reading the comments of the E270 review, I’m curious why someone hasn’t asked Accuphase for their measurements on the e270 to compare with Amir’s.

Because they don't just hand them out to anyone. Just be patient and don't play the whole thing out on a public forum.

A Surfer

Major Contributor
Because they don't just hand them out to anyone. Just be patient and don't play the whole thing out on a public forum.
Truthfully companies that market themselves as master of musical reproduction technology should have nothing to hide and should welcome public scrutiny. If you have the goods you should be able to walk the talk anywhere right?

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

if you ship yours to me I will get it to Amir, and then give it an "extended test" myself

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
if you ship yours to me I will get it to Amir, and then give it an "extended test" myself

Thank you, Wes,

I really like to do so, but I am living in Japan and I found it very difficult to send my Accuphase product(s) to you now, especially under the still on-going international COVID19 pandemic status.

I do hope someone in the US using recent models of Accuphase integrated and/or power amplifier(s) would send it to you...

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Hello VintageFlanker,

Let me join PLB (may I?) to thank you for the nice information. I am rather surprised that the Polish texts are quite nicely, better than I expected, translated into English and also into Japanese by my browser Google Chrome.

BTW, I recently tested and evaluated one demo unit of Accuphase Class-A amp A-36 in my multichannel multi-amplifier project. If you and PLB would be interested, please visit post #281, #282, #283 and #284 on my thread.

Reactions: PLB

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
THD+N measured ~0.025% at 5W (4ohm). It seems that this was measured with preamp engaged. So this is a similar story to what Amir found with the E270? Those who have these series of Accuphase: do you get a lot of hiss when using the preamplifier?

No, not at all, in my case with E-460 with stereo 8 Ohm SPs, even in very high position of the volume dial. I compared E-460 with Benchmark AHB2, and I found, in usual listening circumstances, E-460 is just quiet as AHB2, even I placed my ears 5 cm from the SPs including Be-Tweeters and Horn Super Tweeters.

Accuphase A-36 is (was) also "quiet" just like AHB2, in my recent evaluation of one demo unit of A-36.

In both of the above cases (E-460 and A-36), I used XLR balanced input from my OKTO DAC8PRO which is really quiet DAC, as you know and as amirm reviewed. Just for your info, you can find A-36's guaranteed THD chart in my post here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom