• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Time Domain measurements?

Joachim Gerhard

Industry Insider
Do I want that : No .
What is my argument anyway ?
Show me a speaker that is designed after the Harman research. So that one is perfect as humanly possible at this point in time, right ?
Send it to me. I will measure it and run it through my own kind of paces.
Then you can better decide if I am a bad researcher.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Do I want that : No .
What is my argument anyway ?
Show me a speaker that is designed after the Harman research. So that one is perfect as humanly possible at this point in time, right ?
Send it to me. I will measure it and run it through my own kind of paces.
Then you can better decide if I am a bad researcher.
You have something of your own that you want us to measure and listen to? That would help us answer the last line in your post.

napilopez

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thread is getting kind of derailed... Harman research isn't a rule. No one here cares about Harman as a company. If you have better information just provide good sources, that's all.

Edit: I realize I'm probably further derailing it.

Going back to the subject, I think this is an interesting topic. With active speakers where you can turn time alignment on and off, I do feel I can tell the difference. The question for me is whether it is 'better' or just 'different.' I'm inclined to think it's truer to the source and therefore time alignment the time domain should be optimized when possible as long as you're not significantly sacrificing other more audible parameters for it.

Last edited:

Joachim Gerhard

Industry Insider
Good idea. I take the challenge. Where should I send it too ? I am a member of the Klippel Advanced Users Group so I am confident that you can second my measurements.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
You have something of your own that you want us to measure and listen to? That would help us answer the last line in your post.

Have you heard any of his Audio Physic stuff? It's quite good.

Joachim Gerhard

Industry Insider
That is 16 years ago and my last design was the Virgo 2 in 1996. After that I was obliged to work in marketing. Then I founded Sonics where all designs where by me. In 2011 I founded Suesskind that is still existing. The speaker I plan to send though are the Nano from the Joachim Gerhard Collection I founded with a partner 1 year ago.

Joachim Gerhard

Industry Insider
Here is a picture of the Nano I will send.

Attachments

• JGC_PDB_Nano Eiche hell.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 677

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Good idea. I take the challenge. Where should I send it too ? I am a member of the Klippel Advanced Users Group so I am confident that you can second my measurements.
Start a conversation with me and we will take it from there.

Joachim Gerhard

Industry Insider
Is it better or different? That is a good question. It begins to know the recording in and out.

Joachim Gerhard

Industry Insider
That was one. An engineer in my company did that with the Essex University under Prof. Malkolm Haksford. I have much more but it is late here.

Attachments

• BFD75EED-C626-4571-ABDE-DBA3978F3AE6.png
    BFD75EED-C626-4571-ABDE-DBA3978F3AE6.png
    243.2 KB · Views: 163

Joachim Gerhard

Industry Insider
I build the company up to 35 Importers in various countries. They only had to make sure that they did not make any bad mistakes.

Top Bottom