• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Devialet Expert 200 Amplifier, DAC and Streamer Review

onlyforadv

Let me re-post this from Devialet Expert 140 Pro page (so the same product tested by Stereophile's John Atkinson):

Expert Pro is the world’s most advanced audiophile system, meant for music lovers in search of a refined and emotional listening experience. Designed to replace traditional Hi-Fi systems, Expert Pro delivers all the core elements of playback – preamp, amp, DAC, streamer, phono stage – in a single and ultra-compact unit. By rethinking sound reproduction at every turn, Devialet engineers have been able to achieve the best performance ever measured, at all power levels.

QMuse

Major Contributor
Let me re-post this from Devialet Expert 140 Pro page (so the same product tested by Stereophile's John Atkinson):

Expert Pro is the world’s most advanced audiophile system, meant for music lovers in search of a refined and emotional listening experience. Designed to replace traditional Hi-Fi systems, Expert Pro delivers all the core elements of playback – preamp, amp, DAC, streamer, phono stage – in a single and ultra-compact unit. By rethinking sound reproduction at every turn, Devialet engineers have been able to achieve the best performance ever measured, at all power levels.

@Thomas savage What's your guess on this 3rd re-post - is it advertising or trolling?

Colonel7

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@Thomas savage What's your guess on this 3rd re-post - is it advertising or trolling?
It reminds me of the Admiral Rickover "say-do".

“I have an expression—the ‘Say-Do,’” the 82-year-old Rickover declared. “People say something and the newspapers laud them, before they’ve done a damn thing and then they never do it and then they go on to some other Say-Do thing, and they get more credit.”

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

You can't just repeat the same joke over and over , take a break and come back with fresh material.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

226jx0.jpg

RigorDude

Because someone sent it in and thats what he dose .

Not exactly. I've gathered that Amir picks and chooses from what is offered to him for review. In this case, it seems he was keen enough on reviewing a Devialet product to overlook the fact that this particular unit was far less than ideal as a review sample.

QMuse

Major Contributor
Not exactly. I've gathered that Amir picks and chooses from what is offered to him for review. In this case, it seems he was keen enough on reviewing a Devialet product to overlook the fact that this particular unit was far less than ideal as a review sample.

And Stereophile picked up another "less than an ideal" unit as a review sample, right? Oh wait, that one was sent by Devialet.

Is it really so hard for you guys to understand that if you put electronics into a bathroom scale housing it won't give you stellar performance, no matter how high price tag you attach to it?

RigorDude

And Stereophile picked up another "less than an ideal" unit as a review sample, right? Oh wait, that one was sent by Devialet.

Is it really so hard for you guys to understand that if you put electronics into a bathroom scale housing it won't give you stellar performance, no matter how high price tag you attach to it?
By "you guys" you seem to be imputing these views to me. Wrongly, if so. Find someone else's mouth to put words into.

QMuse

Major Contributor
By "you guys" you seem to be imputing these views to me. Wrongly, if so. Find someone else's mouth to put words into.

Well, it was you, among a bunch of other guys, who were implying Amir deliberately picked false sample to test, although Stereophile test showed the very same problems.

Have you not said so in your post above?

bidn

It's was funny the first time now it's starting to feel like my pineapple jokes.

We can still try to apply some French humour: wordplays ("jeux de mots").
What nickname would be suitable? For TotalDAC I coined TotalARNAC (works only in French). For PS Audio: BS Audio, but there must have been many before me thinking of this.
Given the absolutely weird behavior of the presently tested product, I suggest:
Deviantlet.
(and that could also fit well with the overly luxury, decadent lifestyle of those billionaires who have been financially backing the Deviantlet company).

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I accept 95% of what is offered to me for testing. What I reject is often due to someone wanting something tested right away, being some personal hobby project, etc.

And no, there was nothing overlooked here. Devialet has been touting the same design for years. So it was very much worthwhile to test it. We now have tons more insight about the product line than we did before testing it.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
This is how it goes when we test gear from brands with a certain type of following and they come up short .

Iv seen it time and time again , it will happen again I'm certain of that so it might be time to think about how we all deal with it , me included .

I know there's plenty of entertainment to be had and a good laugh too but maybe we can do a little better in how we react to some of it.

QMuse

Major Contributor
This is how it goes when we test gear from brands with a certain type of following and they come up short .

Iv seen it time and time again , it will happen again I'm certain of that so it might be time to think about how we all deal with it , me included .

I know there's plenty of entertainment to be had and a good laugh too but maybe we can do a little better in how we react to some of it.

Capture.JPG

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Yes, the check cleared......
It is not wise to put your real picture in your avatar. Use some of the money you got to get a better outfit and change your alias to something that can't be traced to you....

Top Bottom